Subscribe
  1. 4 Weeks Ago - Nov 19, 2014, 9:02 AM - New Fett Inquiry #1

Hi, all. I am obviously new to the forum and am looking to build my first BH. I have decided on ROTJ Boba Fett and have already started contacting respective parties for different props.

My time table is more of a restriction than finances, as I would like to have an acceptably completed costume by Anaheim in April. I already understand and respect the time a good suit can take, especially when it comes to paint. I am sure this will be a long process even after I have my first "complete" suit.

With all that considered, it seems the pieces I need most are the armor, gauntlets, and helmet. I am looking to commission this work to someone who can make this deadline. I know many others are in the queries of makers such as bobamaker, so I am looking at other options. Even paint services would be considered at this point in time, as I have found armorers who can produce unfinished pieces.

Please let me know if you are available or know a producer that can meet my needs. Thanks, guys!
    4 Weeks Ago - Nov 19, 2014, 9:17 AM - Re: New Fett Inquiry #2

Welcome to TDH. You've picked a great version of the character. There are a lot of talented people on the boards that can help you out. A few of us offer painting services. The main players of armor and helmets are FP, RKD, MOW, and BM. Just take a little time to do some research on what suits your needs. Welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I just saw your other post as you are in Indianapolis. I live 30 minutes away up in Muncie. I'm a member of the Northern Darkness Garrison of the 501st. Let me know if I can guide ya in the right way.
  3. 4 Weeks Ago - Nov 19, 2014, 9:23 AM - Re: New Fett Inquiry #3

Nice! I used to work up in Muncie occasionally until they moved our base.

I'll be shooting you a PM.
    4 Weeks Ago - Nov 19, 2014, 12:18 PM - Re: New Fett Inquiry #4

Boba Maker does the parts and detailing if you're willing to pay for it. I have parts from all different vendors, but if you're not able to do much of your own detailing I'd recommend going with Boba Maker.
    4 Weeks Ago - Nov 19, 2014, 12:41 PM - Re: New Fett Inquiry #5

If he wants Boba Maker there is no way he'll have it in April. I was quote for a helmet back in June to have a return time of April 2015 at the earliest!

I'd suggest getting an Animefan FP Premium bucket and probably redkraytdragon armor kit. Both are good stuff and affordable with quick turn around time. Plus a MOW jumpsuit and jetpack. You can always upgrade later but your back is against the wall in terms of getting a suit complete by Celebration.
    Last edited by rnbuda; 4 Weeks Ago at 1:23 PM.
    4 Weeks Ago - Nov 19, 2014, 1:15 PM - Re: New Fett Inquiry #6

Anime Fan makes a pretty solid budget Boba bucket as well. Just throwing out some more options.
    4 Weeks Ago - Nov 19, 2014, 1:23 PM - Re: New Fett Inquiry #7

Quote joshvanrad said: View Post
    Anime Fan makes a pretty solid budget Boba bucket as well. Just throwing out some more options.
    Dang, that's who I meant. It'd been edited!
    4 Weeks Ago - Nov 19, 2014, 3:34 PM - Re: New Fett Inquiry #8

I have a couple AnimeFan buckets and he does absolutely killer work. I don't know if anybody else can touch him when it comes to quality for the $$.
  9. 4 Weeks Ago - Nov 20, 2014, 10:31 AM - Re: New Fett Inquiry #9

Thanks for the information. Bobamaker is tied up until May, so I've contacted animefan and some others. At this point, I'm mainly concerned about finding someone to trim and paint the helmet.
    4 Weeks Ago - Nov 20, 2014, 11:29 AM - Re: New Fett Inquiry #10

Put out an INT thread in the cargo hold. I'm pretty sure you can find someone to do a really solid finish job on the bucket for a service fee.
  11. 4 Weeks Ago - Nov 22, 2014, 2:41 PM - Re: New Fett Inquiry #11

Put out an INT thread in the cargo hold. I'm pretty sure you can find someone to do a really solid finish job on the bucket for a service fee.
    Unfortunately, I'm still under "New Member Status" and can't post in the Cargo Hold. I've been able to manage through PM's, though, up until this point.
    4 Weeks Ago - Nov 22, 2014, 4:17 PM - Re: New Fett Inquiry #12

I saw that. I forgot about the cargo hold restrictions. Looks like you're well on your way to a good looking paint job.
  13. 2 Weeks Ago - Dec 2, 2014, 3:40 PM - Re: New Fett Inquiry #13

I saw that. I forgot about the cargo hold restrictions. Looks like you're well on your way to a good looking paint job.
    Definitely!