Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

New Boba ammo pouch, finished and ready!

From
    The first state

Re: New Boba ammo pouch, finished and ready!

SC,are your belts going to have the threading in 4 rows across the entire belt? I thought it only had 2 rows (top/bottom),and the rear portion had 4 where the grommets go,.......6 grommets for the SE/ROTJ,and 2 grommets for ESB.

Steve

From
    Massachusetts

You're amazing there bro! WOW!

STEMMlin

hey, im new here and im just starting to work on my first Boba suit. ive decided to do it in the Empire style and i have my jumpsuit all set mostly, theres a few nasty mishaps on it but it is my first. ive just set out on my belt and ive decided to go with vinyl for the whole thing. tomorrow im gonna go out and buy something (im not sure what yet) to start blocking out the pouches. ive got everything set for it so far except the blocks so when its done ill try and post some pics or links or something to get some feedback on my freshman attempt.

The stitching on the ESB belt goes all the way around.

STEMMlin wrote:

ive decided to do it in the Empire style
    ESB, nice choice... :evil NOW GO VOTE!!!! http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=3772&forum=1

From
    The first state

SC,the stitching goes all the way around,but I thought only the top/bottom(2rows) went all the way around,and the stitching got to 4rows only on the back section where the belt fastens.

Steve

Assuming that the prepro belt in this picture was used for ESB (because of the pouch spacing), the stitching goes all around.

From
    Puerto Rico

Well Paid Killer wrote:

STEMMlin wrote:

ive decided to do it in the Empire style
    ESB, nice choice... :evil NOW GO VOTE!!!! http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=3772&forum=1
    WPK, now I see from where you got the extra vote.

Its like squeezing blood from a stone but I got it bleeding again!!!

From
    Phenix City, AL

Just like WPH, after so many pics, i just feel just like this: But impressive work, specially with the last pics. Keep the good work.

Just to clarify things....that picture I just posted is from the Behind the Magic CD, of the actual costume. I know it's easy to mistake them with the pouches I made...

From
    The first state

SC,....I see what you mean.I've not noticed it in any ESB screen shots,but that last pre-pro suit definitely shares many "sames" as the ESB suit ie.,jumpsuit,gauntlet whipcord,so it would be very plausible to share the belt.I certaintly can't disagree with that at this point Thanks for pointing that out as there's always something to miss on a Fett suit

Steve

Just another option for y'all

Yeah....another! Let's see...that gives us about FOUR different specific belts to choose from?!?!

Jeeze man, what pain in the A$$!

STEMMlin

well im almost done...ill post some pics or a link tomorrow so i can get some critisism on my venture.

STEMMlin

heres a shot of the belt end + grommets

one of the belt laying flat

one of the whole belt

and one of a pouch.
    i have yet to paint the buttons and beat 'em up a little. but thats my first shot at a belt. i read up on these here forums.....looked at all the dimensions everyone had; looked at some reference photos and VIOLA! For the pouch innards i used foam core board cut up and layered together then i wrapped the foam part that was showing with paper(my first attempt at glueing kinda melted my first pouch). glued on sides; glued on the wrapping and slid them onto the belt. the belt is held together with some hidden velcro and the pouches can slide freely. i went with the 7 instead of 8 because of what i saw in all th Empire pics. thats about it; fire away!

*edit: the first pics were waaaaaaaay to big!*

From
    Puerto Rico

Cool work on the belt STEMMlin. Can't wait to see your SC.

I'm not sure about the snaps on the outside Stemm...I'm pretty sure all snaps were on the underside of the pouches (although I do seem to recall seeing a pic somewhere that had one pouch with an exterior snap).

Looking good though!

And yes, it looks like the belt possibilities are near endless

From
    The first state

THAT was the ESB pic that I was making reference to when I said that the stitching didn't look like it had 4 rows all the way around.Are other's seeing what I'm seeing?????? I feel confusion getting started again.........

Basically I think most of us are going to want the belt in "THAT" pic for ESB,or the MOM belt so I wouldn't worry about keeping track of the multiple variations SC unless someone had a specific costume they were doing.

Steve

From
    Massachusetts

Wow... you rock dude. I can't wait to order my ROTJ version off ya!

There appears to be three different belts on the AoSW, MoM, and Empire suit in regard to the rear fastening area. Part of what we may be seeing with the stitching is that the belt can rotate and move around a bit (remember the pouches slide on the belt), and that could be causing confusion in regard to where and how much stiching appears on the belt.

I would definitely agree with DL44. Research the particular details of the belt you'd like to use with your suit, be it the MoM, AoSw, Empire belts...

DL44 Blaster wrote:

THAT was the ESB pic that I was making reference to when I said that the stitching didn't look like it had 4 rows all the way around.Are other's seeing what I'm seeing?????? I feel confusion getting started again.........

Basically I think most of us are going to want the belt in "THAT" pic for ESB,or the MOM belt so I wouldn't worry about keeping track of the multiple variations SC unless someone had a specific costume they were doing.

Steve

From
    Massachusetts

OK, I'm losing it... I thought that was Sith Camaro's belt.

From
    The first state

For a minute,so did I I have to admit that seeing another one in vinyl really gives a look of authenticity that I've yet to see in a Fett belt/ammo.pouches.I've owned/own 2 leather ones,and while it looks fantastic,the vinyl just looks more authentic. I guess that's good since vinyl is cheaper than leather

Steve

Alright guys, I think that I may finally have the stitching issue well under control!
    Take a look at the 3 examples below, and let me know what you think! There's only one example in vinyl, but check out the leather piece! I'm pretty confident that you'll all like stitch "B", on the leather!