Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Armor

From
    Great Britain

New Armor

I made a rashional decision and bought some new armor It's more accurate than my previous set and will give me some painting experience Also it was quite cheap! £41.59 minus p&p...score!. My Fett is gonna be ROTJ but i can't seem to find a comparison between ROTJ and ESB armor I'm sure theres some around somewhere.

I want my armor to look as good as i can, and have found plenty of painting guides but the ones i can remember have been ESB versions...i guess i'm not looking hard enough

Anyway i looked on the reference pages from MOM and i don't know whether he is ESB or ROTJ. I'm getting a refence CD soon (i hope) and i guess that would come in handy Well check the stuff out and see what you think

Click here

Re: New Armor

I had the same stuff for my first set of armor before upgrading to FG. Its not bad for the price and good for a practice. Best of Luck!

From
    Great Britain

cheers mando Has anyone done a ROTJ fett ( there must be some out there!) If so can you post a pic of you armor? Juat some quick shots nothing to special i just need to grasp the concept of ROTJ fett.

To be continued

You want our Jedi fett's or grabs from the movie?

From
    Great Britain

i guess Jedis would be better quality so yeah ill go with them, i guess theres a link?

Thanks

From
    Great Britain

Well with 2 weeks of waiting and the pain of impatience kicking in, I found out that my armor was coming out of UK customs! However, while everyone was out at work or shcool the armor arrived with no one to recive it So it has gone back to the local depot, for me to collect another day

DA

From
    Great Britain

Finally! It came I'm extremley happy with the product and will be starting painting right away! 8)

DA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new-armor-jpg  

From
    Great Britain

Heres a shot after silvering up, I'm following Pavespawns thread and i was wondering where can i get masking fluid? What do you think?

It looks like Jango!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails painted2-jpg  

From
    The Dark Side Of The Moon, Swansea

Go here: Ken Bromley Art Supplies

The Susan Scheewe one at the bottom is good.

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

Tooth paste works good to, thats what I always use. And it fights against those nasy cavities.

From
    Same planet as you, in a country that is below sea-level... the Nether-realm.. Oh wait.. Netherlands

nice set!!

From
    Great Britain

So, i've trawled round some of my local shops and found nothing that looks remotely like the green i need for my Boba

This my friends is where you come in! Can anyone give me an idea of where to get the green i need for the armor? It needs to be in UK really as thats where i live

Any help is good

Thanks

Dentedarmor said:
    So, i've trawled round some of my local shops and found nothing that looks remotely like the green i need for my Boba

This my friends is where you come in! Can anyone give me an idea of where to get the green i need for the armor? It needs to be in UK really as thats where i live

Any help is good

Thanks

I used Krylon Satin Olive Green and am VERY happy with it. Spray can, dries in 12 minutes.

From
    Great Britain

Where do you get this? Can i it in the UK?

Cheers for the help 8)

Dentedarmor said:
    Where do you get this? Can i it in the UK?

Cheers for the help 8)

Um. I dont see why not. It's a spray paint. I am not sure if it is available in the UK or not though.

From
    Atlanta, Georgia

shortimer52 said:
    Tooth paste works good to, thats what I always use. And it fights against those nasy cavities.

Dude! You are a total hoot!

From
    Richmond, VA

I feel your pain with the customs. I've been waiting a week and a half for my MS bucket.

The MOM, if I'm not mistaken, is an ROTJ with an ESB bucket. So, good reference for armor. Also, the masking fluid is hard to come by and expensive. Mustard works just as well. Paint it on, it dries, wash it off after you paint.

The only thing I can suggest on paint is mail order perhaps. Unless Krylon has a UK company under a different name.

From
    Lanett, AL

DA - Did you get this from a guy in the states? Looks almost identical to the first set I bought. The backplate that came with mine was way too small the the butt plate is far too tall.

I still use my collar plate and shoulder bells, but everything else I remade.

Also, PM Bobamaker. He lives in London, I believe. Maybe he can help you out on locating the correct paints.

Cheers,

From
    Great Britain

Yeah i got it from the states from Georgia? The backplate is small but as i am I don't really mind I'll PM bobamaker see what he says

Cheers

DA

From
    Lanett, AL

Dentedarmor said:
    Yeah i got it from the states from Georgia?
    Mine came from GA as well. Does it have AD stamped on the back of each piece? I think I bought mine from the "flaming sword" or something like that, but I think he has since changed his ebay moniker.

Dentedarmor said:
    The backplate is small but as i am I don't really mind
    Mine was REALLY too small. I'm using it on my 6 year-olds suit with very minor modifications. Your butt plate needs to be cut down by about half to more accurate.

Dentedarmor said:
    I'll PM bobamaker see what he says
    Daz is a good guy. I'm sure he can help you out.

From
    Great Britain

lol lots of quotes there Trekker Yeah i got mine from the flamingsword dude (now cyadine72 or something) It does have AD stamped on each peice.

I love this armor, its great for starting my costume But its a bit warped, was yours when it arrived? If so how did you sort it?

I'm going to PM Bobamaker right now

Cheers

From
    Great Britain

Hey all

I went into town today to get some bits for painting my armor, i got, Tamiya Camel Yellow and Britsih Green ( As advised by T-Visor on different thread) Also i got Humbrol masking fluid.

I started my painting with the diamond peice as a test, this is where i ran in to trouble . The paint leaked under the masking tape i put in place, the paint was all bubbled and to me it looks the wrong colour I think i may have jumped the gun My Dad suggested that i get some matt varnish to dull it down, anyone used this?

Pics below of the masking fluid, maksing process and painting error.

Thanks for looking

DA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails masking-fluid-jpg   icky-jpg   masking1-jpg  

masking2-jpg  

Oooh, all to bad mate.

Maybe you check for another kind of masking fluid. I used Humbrol stuff earlier on model kits and wasn´t very impressed with them. Repainted everything with acryls later.

I used a humbrol spray for my armor and it came out really well. Its probably one of the closest pre-mixed UK paints you can get, I think it was humbrol matt olive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled-jpg  

From
    Great Britain

pah! Who said it wouldn't work! I painted my abdomen plate then left it to dry. Then pulled off the masking fluid, and voila, instant battle damage! As i pulled it off the paint flaked and gave it a more 'natural' look. I just need to add the the yellow and matt it.

I think its ok 8)

DA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails abplate-jpg