Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jun 11, 2016, 4:23 PM - Need parts soon who should I talk to? #1

So I'm looking to assemble a Boba ROTJ build for NYCC in early October and I'm having trouble finding what I need. I'm looking for resin armor I just want raw cast kits I'll finish myself but I'm having issues finding people to sell them. I PMed redkraytdragon and no response and read he goes out of contact for months, bobamaker also has 16 month waiting list, every full set selling in the cargo hold is sold and I just want to give someone money for a suit! Have I simply gone wrong in thinking this could be done without a year notice or are there other reputable makers who could meet a a turnaround time of 2-3 months for a raw kit. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations I would appreciate it

2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jun 11, 2016, 4:30 PM - Re: Need parts soon who should I talk to? #2

Hey Bro, I'm building rotj fett here in the UK it's even harder just gotta piece together as you go, but some good vendors on here, I've bought off loads and all nice blokes. Woodman was selling fett abs sets from rs props, I use this armour. There was a guy in the cargo hold selling a jumpsuit in a lot of gear he was selling..maybe worth a look depending on your size. Hope it's of some help
  4. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jun 11, 2016, 4:44 PM - Re: Need parts soon who should I talk to? #3

I appreciate it. I've got sources for a jetpack, harness, and flightsuit, the main concern is really armor pieces. I found a guy but the issue really is the timeline since I sent a PM and no reply. You'd never think it would be so hard to give someone your money
    Jun 11, 2016, 5:41 PM - Re: Need parts soon who should I talk to? #4

I'm not an expert but I think most armor is fiberglass or Abs. Unfortunately a quality Fett build just takes some time and often the right deal may pop up for you in the cargo hold in that time. I would think the Woodman /RS armor would be your quickest bet but you would still need gauntlets, helmet, boots,belts etc..
    Jun 11, 2016, 6:34 PM - Re: Need parts soon who should I talk to? #5

Ain't that right. I've been slowly building my suit since November and I'm nowhere near done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Formerly saint nasty Mike M.'s Avatar
    Jun 12, 2016, 4:42 AM - Re: Need parts soon who should I talk to? #6

It took me almost two years from when I discovered TDH in November 2006, to when I was 501st approved in October 2008.
    Jun 12, 2016, 8:10 AM - Re: Need parts soon who should I talk to? #7

Same. Almost two years.
    Jun 12, 2016, 9:36 AM - Re: Need parts soon who should I talk to? #8

You guys are like 100m sprinters. For me the finish line is miles away. I don't want to troop but i would like to have something to display at some point. Still enjoying it though.
    Jun 12, 2016, 12:37 PM - Re: Need parts soon who should I talk to? #9

It was 3 years for me until I got approved and I'm still working on it and upgrading.
  11. Jun 12, 2016, 9:45 PM - Re: Need parts soon who should I talk to? #10

Yeah starting now and finishing by NYCC is tough. Trust me, I started an ESB fett 4 years ago for NYCC, and had all my parts in a few months ahead and wasn't nearly as put together as I should've been. 4 years later and I'm still upgrading and changing. If you're really in a pinch and just need some armor until you can upgrade, pm me, I may be able to help you out.
    -Gav
    Jun 16, 2016, 12:13 PM - Re: Need parts soon who should I talk to? #11

That's a tight timeline....wish you the best

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Jun 16, 2016, 12:24 PM - Re: Need parts soon who should I talk to? #12

MOW delivers gauntlets quite fast...
    Jun 16, 2016, 1:53 PM - Re: Need parts soon who should I talk to? #13

I'm currently 2 years into my build and I'm still waiting on pieces but I'm nearly there. As alot of members will say this does take along time as the people who you want to talk to for armour are always busy making armour for everyone else. It will take a while for you to finish up so your timescale of 2-3 months is way off. Every so often people do pop up selling full costumes but these are generally running into the $$$. Take your time with it as you will be more impressed with the finished article when you know you have completed it yourself.