Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Feb 2, 2005, 1:58 PM - Need Help With Collar/Back Plate #1

Ok I have an issue with my collar attaching to my back plate. I traded for my armor and the collar was to small. I wasn't worried at the time, but with C3 approaching I want to get it fixed. The collar does not attach to the back plate. I am not sure what to do, do I make a new collar and repaint it and re shape it or do I try to glue on exstensions. There is like a 1 inch gap between the two.

Here is a pic

http://groups.msn.com/BobaFett/shoeb...to&PhotoID=146

As you can see the back plate also curves a little weird. Maybe I need both I am not sure.

http://groups.msn.com/BobaFett/shoeb...to&PhotoID=147

Here it is from the back. Man it is driving me nuts I am not sure what I should do. I don't want to spend to much money but I also want it to look nice.

Here is my armor from the front

http://groups.msn.com/BobaFett/shoeb...to&PhotoID=145

You can't really tell from a distance.

But if I buy a new collar plate how will I know if it fits correctly before I get it?

I am going crazy, please help, I want to fix it but I am not sure what approach I should take.
    Feb 2, 2005, 2:51 PM - Re: Need Help With Collar/Back Plate #2

The top "curves" (for the lack of a better term) of your backplate are too short. They should come over your shoulders so that the collar armor can overlap it. The shoulder bolts are what hold the two pieces together.

Your collar armor appears to be the right size, so it is the backplate that needs lengthened or replaced. As for knowing if a new one will fit it, there is no guarantee unless you buy both pieces from the same supplier and they say that the two line up.

I ran into a similar problem when I upgraded certain armor pieces. Most backplates come untrimmed so that you can line them up as needed. Sometimes you have to use a heat gun to bend them to fit your own build (as I had to do).
    Feb 2, 2005, 3:21 PM - Re: Need Help With Collar/Back Plate #3

My Advice? LEave it that is an Awesome Boba Fett.

IF you must might I recommend Dwedd's fiberglass backplate, you have to trim the top collar and that is good becuase you can leave that little bit sticking out of the top, melt dents in it with a propane torch hehe.