Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Oct 11, 2005, 10:36 AM - Need help with armor #1

I know others have needed help in the past, finding ways to attach their armor to whatever the fabrics they decided to use in their Mandalorian gear. I've tried, in the past, with an old suit I used spray glue. It stuck but it was a pain to put on. With my new set I'm trying industrial strength sticky back velcro. Its fine on the armor, but it won't stick to my fabric. I've been reduced to sewing the velcro on, and I have the cuts to prove it. Any ideas will help. it never hurts to ask for advice. So, I'm asking.
    Oct 11, 2005, 11:01 AM - Re: Need help with armor #2

Here's a tip, Sewing sticky-back velcro is a bad idea.....it will gum-up your needle and make a mess. I did it and it was a disaster. I ended up sewing the corners by hand but it was also a mess. Sticky stuff everywhere, all over the thread and needle...... Get non-sticky back velcro for the part you sew and you should be fine. Hope that helps.

J-ROCK
    Oct 11, 2005, 11:10 AM - Re: Need help with armor #3

industrial strength sticky back velcro great for TK or CT not good for Boba. Get the stuff with out the sticky back and glue it on the armor and sew it on the vest. Thats what I did and some people say velcro dosent work all that well. But I did a 3 mile walk for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Sunday and it all held up just fine.
    Oct 11, 2005, 11:11 AM - Re: Need help with armor #4

Or use poppers?
    That's my current plan ...
  5. Oct 11, 2005, 11:46 AM - Re: Need help with armor #5

little nuts and bolts? thats the route im taking...dont really see any problems yet...but i havent attached them yet either...keep us updated.
  6. The Sniffer is offline The Sniffer
    Oct 11, 2005, 7:11 PM - Re: Need help with armor #6

Quote never_risk_the_fett_man said:
    little nuts and bolts? thats the route im taking...dont really see any problems yet...but i havent attached them yet either...keep us updated.
    same here
    Oct 11, 2005, 8:17 PM - Re: Need help with armor #7

I chose the snaps. Sewed one side to the vest, glued the other side to my armor. They stuck to the sintra GREAT !!!!!
    Hope this helps.

Heres some pics.
    -Tim-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chest.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	6049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chest snaps.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	6050  
    Nov 25, 2005, 4:29 PM - Re: Need help with armor #8

My mom has a sewing machine and sewed velcro with a sticky back on my darth vader costume. Don't just use a needle and string to sew velcro together, use a sewing machine. or do what the other guys said.