Subscribe
    Dec 18, 2004, 11:22 AM - Need help with all of ROTJ Armor Paint color? #1

Ok I'm about to hit the paint here soon and I'm wondering the armor for ROTJ is what color. Ive seen this http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=6556&forum=2
    but thats all air brush stuff and I don't have that skill going for me. So I'm looking for it in a can, that I know how to use.
    I know I need some sort of green and 2 kinds of yellow or orange but what type and from who?

Now I'm good with the JP color. I found a pic on here with all that stuff on there. Has a cat's tail in it at the bottom and I forget who I got it from. I'm just hurting on the shoulders, knees and the other armor parts. Any help would be great.

And pic's would be really nice also
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Dec 18, 2004, 1:40 PM - Re: Need help with all of ROTJ Armor Paint color? #2

Hmmm Well one important type of paint you will need is catapillar yellow for the knee's shoulders and second layer for the rest of the armor, imo its very close.

I used yellow almond for the cream colored layers on the knee's and shoulders. Aluminum, not chrome for the metal showing.

and maybe its to dark of a green but I used hunter green for the armor and sanded it lighter before I took the liquid mask off and I liked the results.

All this paint is duplicolor acylic enamel found at advanced auto parts.

Dec 18, 2004, 2:02 PM - Re: Need help with all of ROTJ Armor Paint color? #3

thing is Ive seen the cream on the shoulders under the cat yellow,,, now is the cream under the chest plates also? B/C Ive seen yellow under the chest. So what what here? Guess I need some ref pic's...
    Dec 18, 2004, 7:47 PM - Re: Need help with all of ROTJ Armor Paint color? #4

I use Rustoleum Spruce Green for chest armor, backplate, and codpiece. I like it because it's a little darker than the Moss Garden color that I use on the helmet.
    Dec 18, 2004, 7:55 PM - Re: Need help with all of ROTJ Armor Paint color? #5

AFettFullofDollars wrote:

I use Rustoleum Spruce Green for chest armor, backplate, and codpiece. I like it because it's a little darker than the Moss Garden color that I use on the helmet.

I was looking at that today, but I didnt know for sure I knew there was a spruce green but I didnt remember if it was ESB or ROTJ
    Dec 19, 2004, 6:47 AM - Re: Need help with all of ROTJ Armor Paint color? #6

shortimer52 wrote:

thing is Ive seen the cream on the shoulders under the cat yellow,,, now is the cream under the chest plates also? B/C Ive seen yellow under the chest. So what what here? Guess I need some ref pic's...
    Only the knee's and the shoulders have the cream colored layer the rest of the body armor has the yellow layer. The left gauntlet also has a second yellow layer that appeares to be only on that one piece that the hoses attach to, I dont know if its yellows resin that the paint chiped off or what.

Dec 19, 2004, 9:52 AM - Re: Need help with all of ROTJ Armor Paint color? #7

It's all coming together now.