Need boot help!!!!

From
    New Jersey

Need boot help!!!!

Hey everyone!
    I don't have any boots at the moment and really wanted to try making my own since I don't have the funds to buy MoW or CA. Does anyone have templates or a method for doing this? I have until October to finish my fett so the sooner I make these the better. Any help would be VERY much appreciated!! Thanks!
    -Gav

P.s.- accidentally put this in the helmet section :P so now it's in the right spot haha

From
    Las Vegas NV

Re: Need boot help!!!!

First and foremost you have to find a pair that provide enough base to work from. Look for flat white soles and ankle high. You could draw up cut and attach a proper square block style toe. Then add the pipping, toe spikes and the proper color, and designs. I scratch built a pair and in the end bought a pair of MOW boots. I have not seen a scratch pair yet pass 501st, if this is for a costume and not 501st then I can help you more with pics and tips. If the goal is 501st then it may be much more difficult.

From
    North Texas

also before starting try to figure out how much you are going to spend on a base pair, parts and supplies, paint and how much time.....it may be cheaper to buy a pair from MOW in the long run.

I throw that out there simply because I have seen people who want to save money end up spending as much or more on scratch built when it comes to boots, they just aren't easy to fabricate.

From
    New Jersey

Thanks for the replies!
    Animattor- these won't be 501st but I want them to look as good as possible. So if you have some tips for a scratch build or working with ankle boots then that'd be great!

Mulreel- I have a nice canvas material I'd like to use which was very cheap and I have the paint from my previous MoW boots so the overall cost wouldn't be too much compared to $160. But I completely get what you're saying about forethought for the cost.