Mythos Sidearm Holster (K-11)Subscribe
    Sep 5, 2015, 4:35 AM - Mythos Sidearm Holster (K-11) #1

UPDATED
    (09 Sep 2015)

After further investigation (triggered by Delta13Mike) it turns out the Mythos Fett does not use the Pulce 40 which I once thought it did.

As you can see in the photos below it seems that the side arm that is used by Mythos Fett is actually a Sacros K-11. This side arm was used in the Holiday Special and had some minor appearances in later iterations of Fett.

sacros-k-11-black-box-forum-jpg

mythos-side-view-sacross-k-11-jpg
    sacros-k-11-comparison-forum-jpg

You can see how the tip of the K-11 is visible through the bottom of the Mythos holster.

The dimensions of this side arm would be relatively similar to the Pulce 40 but would certainly not be the same - so any dimensions that anyone has would be of assistance.

Does anyone know someone in the community that produces these or would have the ability to make one?

I have found one for sale but I cant say that I trust the quality but at the end of the day it may be the only option I have. Here is the link: Evolution Props

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

LEGACY POST
    (05 Sep 2015)

As some of you may know I am in the progress of gathering parts for a Mythos Fett.

One of the defining features of this Fett is the ammo belt. Delta13Mike has been given the huge task of building this belt from scratch - using some pictures and sketches as a reference. We have had to use the size of a single ammo pouch in order to size up the accessory pouch and we now have what we believe to be the right size (it is in proportion).

Although we have been able to work our way around some of the dimension issues, without the help of the community, there is one last thing we need and we need the community's help.

The Pulce 40 holster!

The holster on this belt isn't the standard ESB Nemrod Holster - it's a leather holster with a sleek design (as seen below).

sideshow-collectibles-boba-fett-mythos-review-04-thumb-jpg

This is our problem: We need the dimensions of the Pulce 40 to produce the holster. I do not have a Pulce 40 on hand and the dimensions for the side arm aren't common knowledge/on the forums. The dimension we would need include the length from tip of the barrel to the back of the receiver and the distance from the trigger guard to top of the receiver.

Can anyone help with this issue and provide these dimensions?

Thanks in advance,

- Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails accessory-pouch-close-up-png  
    Last edited by FettSpec; Sep 8, 2015 at 3:28 AM. Reason: Updated side information
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Sep 5, 2015, 7:00 AM - Re: INFO: Mythos Pulce 40 Holster #2

Here are some basic measurements from this thread ==> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/3...ighlight=pulce

Sep 5, 2015, 9:54 AM - Re: INFO: Mythos Pulce 40 Holster #3

Raf is always looking out. Forum MVP.
    Sep 5, 2015, 6:33 PM - Re: INFO: Mythos Pulce 40 Holster #4

Quote RafalFett said: View Post

Yep Rafa totally schooled me there!

Cheers for the info Raf, it is much appreciated.
    Sep 8, 2015, 1:54 AM - Re: INFO: Mythos Pulce 40 Holster #5

Updated first post with additional information.
    Sep 8, 2015, 4:26 AM - Re: Mythos Sidearm Holster (K-11) #6

Originally it was the belief that a Nemrod speargun (Sacros) was the actual ESB sidearm, but later the Pulce 40 was discovered and confirmed to be the original one. Here is a link to Alan's drawings with measurements of the Sacros ==> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/e...eprints-23914/.
    Sep 8, 2015, 6:30 AM - Re: Mythos Sidearm Holster (K-11) #7

What the actual hell Raf!? Once again dropping truth bombs on us here at TDH. Thank you for the link to thread.

I understand that the Pulce 40 is the confirmed screen accurate ESB sidearm and a little part of me feels bad for not going down that road; but I feel as if I need to do the Mythos as it appears on the statue.

Thanks again Raf for sorting me out once again!
    Sep 8, 2015, 7:47 AM - Re: Mythos Sidearm Holster (K-11) #8

I thought I would post some shots of the three different blasters being compared, just for those out there like me who has no idea on sidearms.

5099055257_52e923b990_b-jpg5099654466_37a68ece4b_b-jpg5099055361_c60c67aa4d_b-jpg
    Sep 8, 2015, 8:54 AM - Re: Mythos Sidearm Holster (K-11) #9

Not to derail but the Sacros K-11 that was depicted in the Holiday Special cartoon has a different look to it.

This was my interpretation of the cartoon based Sacros K-11 that I was asked to model up to be 3D printed for RexGetz, which who assembled & finished the piece.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boba-fett-holiday-special-screencap-61-jpg   boba-fett-holiday-special-screencap-62-jpg   sacros_k-11_views-jpg  

sacros-k-11-jpg  
    Sep 8, 2015, 11:35 AM - Re: Mythos Sidearm Holster (K-11) #10

Thanks for the clarification @toolguy301. By the way, that is a nice interpretation of a gun that is barely visible in that cartoon.
    Sep 8, 2015, 3:21 PM - Re: Mythos Sidearm Holster (K-11) #11

Thanks @RafalFett, there are only a few views of the gun in the cartoon so had to use some artistic liberties. RexGetz wanted it to look like the cartoon but also have a real world feel for his Holiday Special Boba Fett build.
    Sep 8, 2015, 7:42 PM - Re: Mythos Sidearm Holster (K-11) #12

Quote toolguy301 said: View Post
    Not to derail but the Sacros K-11 that was depicted in the Holiday Special cartoon has a different look to it.

This was my interpretation of the cartoon based Sacros K-11 that I was asked to model up to be 3D printed for RexGetz, which who assembled & finished the piece.
    Spot on toolguy - I stumbled over your 3D prints when I was googling the Sacros after Delta13Mike informed me that the mythos didn't use the classic ESB sidearm.

Great work modeling that sacros without any 3D depictions. I have seen a couple of other attempts during my research that didn't turn out as nice this one.

I am currently thinking that I'll ask Woodchuck if he could recreate the body of the K-11 (Mythos not HS) and I'll stain and varnish the wood myself. Then i will have to see if someone can spin up an aluminum barrel that can be set into body to absolutely set it off in terms of realism.

Thoughts?