My 'under a month deadline' Boba Fett project.

Everyone seems to like these threads so I'll go ahead and put mine up as well.

First things first, Denver Comic Con was just this weekend and it was an absolute BLAST. The people there were so kind and friendly, and a lot of the costumes were super well done. It was my first con experience and I cannot wait to go again next year.. except next year I'll actually be fully PREPARED. I didn't know I was actually going until about a month in advance, and it has been my life goal pretty much to be Boba Fett at a con. So I got to shopping like a mad man (which quickly led to being a poor man). It took everything a while to get here which gave me anxiety attacks every day and probably took 14 years off of my life.. but it was worth it. So now that everything is up to speed, everything I ordered arrives at my house finally. WITH ONLY TWO WEEKS TO PAINT IT ALL. So please don't be too harsh on my rushed job of things, during painting I was basically just sitting there going "oh god oh god oh god OH GOD RUNNING OUT OF TIME".
    Technically this would be my second Boba Fett, my first one was from a Kansas City Chiefs game......... which I also made in under two weeks, and that was all made out of sintra. Apparently I just like procrastinating so much that it kills my soul.

I had an unfinished helmet laying around already and got started on that first thing. I didn't document ALL of it, just most of it.

Then finally clear coated and the visor installed (I swear this is the most frustrating part of all of it). For this I used a dark green face shield like TK409 recommends. It works SPLENDIDLY, it's impossible for anyone to see your face with one of these in.

And some shots of the helmet outside to see better details.

Ok then! Now that that big step is out of the way, the next one I did was the cap. Bought an OD tent from ebay for $20 to make this. I used a sewing pizza cutter on it and then threw it into the washing machine.

My boots arrived about that time from Man of War Studios and started painting them.

Then the back armor showed up, got that thing painted as quickly as possible. This is from ebay, username is rjscustomfiberglass

Perfect timing to finish that because then my MoW jetpack came, yay! Absolute beautiful jetpack, it brought tears to my eyes just pulling it out of the box. I primed it first thing and sanded it perfectly smooth.

Then more primer.

The first color I put down was bright silver, then the white, then red, then blue, then yellow.

Rocket came next

Setting up the jetpack on the MoW harness

My sidewinder kit appeared and I shouted with glee. Fresh out of the packaging

A few hours later, all assembled.

And then painted for that sexy worn rusty look.

My armor showed up from ebay username swprops with a WEEK TO GO[FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000]. Really great stuff made out of fiberglass. Shipping took a while but that isn't his fault at all, he is from Bolivia. Started by putting it all in silver and then attached it to the vest with velcro (ANOTHER horribly frustrating part). The vest is made by TK409.
    [/COLOR]
    [/FONT]

MoW gauntlets assembled and ready for paint. Sorry if this jumps around so much, it's just the order I did everything. I'd switch between several different things all the time so the paint would cure, then I'd switch back to it.

Right one painted and ready to go.

Then both.

Armor painting time has come, progress. I painted and weathered it all first, then I clear coated over it. After that is when I put black overspray all over it and 'scorched' some parts.

Attached to the mannequin to see how it looks. Much better than I thought it would be.

For the chest LEDs I just hooked two super bright red ones up behind the plate, carved out a static symbol set into a piece of sintra, then put window tint over the chest slots.

And then I had literally the best time of my life at Comic Con. There are a few details missing on some things, the only things I was missing because I ran out of time were the jetpack greeblies, right gauntlet darts, and shin tools.

Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoyed the thread.

Re: My 'under a month deadline' Boba Fett project.

This is a sprint if I've ever seen one!

From
    San Antonio, Texas, United States

That's a fast build I am on my 3rd Fett in 4 years and I'm still not done keep upgrading and never satisfied good job your fett looks great!
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

From
    Murrieta CA

WOW is all have to say 1 month!!! One day I hope to do a custom Mando in Charger Blue, so props on the KC one!!

From
    Brisbane, Australia

I am exhasuted just reading it....well done mate

From
    Christchurch,New Zealand

Dam! that's good, great paint work too... A month, awesome

From
    Phoenix, AZ by way of Tampa, FL

Nice KC Fett. I plan to do a Bucs Fett but it wont be done in time for our game this year.

From
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada

Very clever trick with the chest lights...inspired!

great work

From
    Las Vegas, United States

amazing!

awesomesauce!!!