MY TK409 GLOVES

  1. #1
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,324

    MY TK409 GLOVES

    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]Just wanted to post pics of my new TK409 ROTJ Gloves….!! [/FONT][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#800080]http://www.tk409.com/fett.html[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]Thanks Chris and Dianna for a great pair of Gloves…..these are so beautiful and so accurate ….I can’t thank you enough!:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup [/FONT][/FONT]

    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]**I did have to add some additional pillow stuffing/ Poly-Fil 100% Polyester, I didn’t think they were “puffy” enough for my liking …..That’s just me. [/FONT][/FONT]

    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]Still over all these are the most accurate gloves I’ve ever owned.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]I’m still in shock on how dead-on these are ….they fit great![/FONT][/FONT]

    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]These are the Small/ Medium version.[/FONT][/FONT]

    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]Now on to weathering these babies up… [/FONT][/FONT]

    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]Enjoy the pics....[/FONT][/FONT]

    [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]Oh and I apologize for the funny hand shape of my mannie .....they look better on me, but I couldn't wear them and take pictures at the same time... [/FONT][/FONT]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s5300038g-jpg   s5300044e-jpg   s5300042h-jpg  

    s5300046c-jpg   s5300045d-jpg   s5300048a-jpg  

    Last edited by Spideyfett; Feb 10, 2007 at 6:43 PM.

  2. #2

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    TK409's aren't bad and you just took them to another level! Good job.

    Last edited by Galactic Bounty Hunter; Jun 26, 2007 at 11:08 PM.

  3. #3
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    Pic below shows the reversed glove where I cut the opening to add the addtional batting/ Poly-Fil 100% Polyester in each of the fingers and palms...hand-stitched them closed...

    and a comparison pic of the Magic of the Mith tour vs. the Tk409 gloves..:thumbup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tk409-com1a-jpg   tk409-com1-jpg  
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Feb 10, 2007 at 6:45 PM.

  4. #4
    evan4218's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    From
    Roanoke, TX
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    Not to shabby... I cant wait to check them out in person!

  5. #5
    Admin Staff webchief's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    From
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,702

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    Very nice!

  6. #6
    I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,861

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    That is one impressive set of gloves! Thanks for showing the pics ... makes me wanna get a pair! Just gotta question for ya: do your hand get hot when ya wear them?

  7. #7
    Ripcode's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    From
    Muskegon, Michigan
    Posts
    2,256

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    Alex,

    Those look darn near spot on!

  8. #8
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    That is one impressive set of gloves! Thanks for showing the pics ... makes me wanna get a pair! Just gotta question for ya: do your hand get hot when ya wear them?
    Not at all......only when I fire my blaster.. ....

  9. #9
    Admin Staff webchief's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    From
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,702

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    That was the problem with The Real Gloves. Those things were too hot! I sold mine and went back to my ripped up old SlaveI gloves. I need a new pair and these look like a great option.

  10. #10
    I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,861

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    One great thing I just noticed is that these cover your wrist. I have big hands, and the one problem I've had with Tango Romeo Golf is that they don't reach to my wrist. My gauntlet digs into my wrist, and I am left with open skin. That gonna sting a little.

    That's it ... I need a pair!

  11. #11
    I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA
    Posts
    5,517

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    You're leaving... THE REAL GLOVES??!

  12. #12
    I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    From
    Laughlin, NV
    Posts
    1,586

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    One great thing I just noticed is that these cover your wrist. I have big hands, and the one problem I've had with Tango Romeo Golf is that they don't reach to my wrist. My gauntlet digs into my wrist, and I am left with open skin. That gonna sting a little.

    That's it ... I need a pair!
    once you leave Tango Romeo Golf, there is no help for you,

    YOU CANT LEAVE THE REAL GLOVES!!!

  13. #13
    Admin Staff webchief's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    From
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,702

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    You're leaving... THE REAL GLOVES??!
    I did a looooooong time ago. Left them for old beat up gloves too!

    The finger tips on the REAL GLOVES are too boxy if you ask me and they're way too hot and bulky.

  14. #14
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    webchief said: View Post
    I did a looooooong time ago. Left them for old beat up gloves too!

    The finger tips on the REAL GLOVES are too boxy if you ask me and they're way too hot and bulky.
    After seeing every ROTJ reference photo, I think I'm gonna have to change my tune also...and agree with Webchief.

    Don't get me wrong the Real Gloves are extremely well made, heck I still have mine... ....but in terms of accuracy....I just had to upgrade.
    So to each his own. ..

    I'll post pictures once these babies are weathered...

  15. #15
    batninja's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2003
    From
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    The Real Gloves are perfect for what they are supposed to be: wearable costume gloves. They look great, fit well, and are nicely made. I own a pair myself, and once the liner was removed, are alot cooler. But understand that they are not accurate.

    The TK409 gloves are made by hand-stitching padding to the outside of dyed parade gloves, just like the ones worn onscreen. Do they look factory-made? No. And they're not supposed to look that way. To be movie-accurate, the pads must be hand-stitched. TK409 nailed 'em.

    The preference of 'expertly made' as opposed to 'movie-accurate' has always been a conundrum when dealing with the Fett gloves. Of all the pieces of the costume, this is, unfortunately, one instance where you can't have it both ways.

    Awesome gloves, Spidey!

  16. #16
    Admin Staff Trooper TK409's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2003
    From
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,068

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    Passing this along to Dianna, my sister who makes them. Glad you guys like them!

  17. #17
    I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,861

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    batninja said: View Post
    The Real Gloves are perfect for what they are supposed to be: wearable costume gloves. They look great, fit well, and are nicely made. I own a pair myself, and once the liner was removed, are alot cooler. But understand that they are not accurate.

    The TK409 gloves are made by hand-stitching padding to the outside of dyed parade gloves, just like the ones worn onscreen. Do they look factory-made? No. And they're not supposed to look that way. To be movie-accurate, the pads must be hand-stitched. TK409 nailed 'em.

    The preference of 'expertly made' as opposed to 'movie-accurate' has always been a conundrum when dealing with the Fett gloves. Of all the pieces of the costume, this is, unfortunately, one instance where you can't have it both ways.

    Awesome gloves, Spidey!
    I noticed this when I saw the ROTJ HD photos Brak's Buddy posted. TK409's looked much more like what I saw in the photos that what TRG's did. When I got a set of TRG, it was the perfect upgrade given where I was with the status of my costume. But at this point, I'm really lookin' for everything to be dead-on ... hence I need to upgrade again.

    Chris ... ya got an email waitin' for ya!

    GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    You're leaving... THE REAL GLOVES??!
    Cylrul Pbz said: View Post
    once you leave Tango Romeo Golf, there is no help for you,

    YOU CANT LEAVE THE REAL GLOVES!!!
    If it makes ya both feel better, now I have an excuse to wear Tango Romeo Gold when I fly.

  18. #18
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    Trooper TK409 said: View Post
    Passing this along to Dianna, my sister who makes them. Glad you guys like them!
    Dianna is sooo great to work with too..!! First class in communication....:thumbup

    She was upfront....and said they would take 4weeks.....got them in 3....AWESOME!!

  19. #19
    I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA
    Posts
    5,517

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    I've always thought about replacing my TRG's, but they aren't a top priority for my costume as of the moment I also need the thickness of their wrist to keep my gauntlets from spinning, for I am probably the skinniest Fett on these boards; 5'9" 120lbs.

    Congrats on the awesome gloves Spideyfett!

  20. #20
    I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    From
    Laughlin, NV
    Posts
    1,586

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    i was kiddin with the whole TRG thing, the fact is, these gloves pwn, these look awesome, and look a lot more comfy

  21. #21
    mrgr8ness's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Central Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,603

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    Nice, I like those a lot. Real accurate looking. I made a pair using TK409's tutorial, but I wasn't real happy with the patch material I used. I may try and find better material and redo mine.

  22. #22
    Account Deactivated
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    mrgr8ness said: View Post
    Nice, I like those a lot. Real accurate looking. I made a pair using TK409's tutorial, but I wasn't real happy with the patch material I used. I may try and find better material and redo mine.
    Yea I wanted to do mine myself ....but I can't sew for the life of me....
    and there's no way I would've even come close to this level of skill......so to me it's money well spent.

  23. #23
    TK-4158's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2006
    From
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    56

    Re: MY TK409 GLOVES

    GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    I've always thought about replacing my TRG's, but they aren't a top priority for my costume as of the moment I also need the thickness of their wrist to keep my gauntlets from spinning, for I am probably the skinniest Fett on these boards; 5'9" 120lbs.

    Congrats on the awesome gloves Spideyfett!

    I am 10 pounds more than you gamer lol and 1 inch taller. What size gloves do you have gamer?

Similar Threads

  1. New TK409 Gloves *PICS*
    By Trooper TK409 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Oct 3, 2005, 9:29 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •