I did not have the original stylus brush but I thought I'd try something similar and modify it to work. I plan to cast my hobby knife handle in resin after trimming it to be about 3in. and drill in some of the holes to simulate the screw holes. Shot of the knife and the originals below.
My Pressure casting setup:
And my first cast:
How much did that pressure casting set up run you? I really need to get one
Beautiful work as always. Your casts are so clean too. I'm hoping you offer these.
Fantastic work. Would love to see you offer these up!
Pressure cast setup was built with some leftover parts I had from my compressor and parts from harbor freight...I've had it since 2005, not entirely sure the actual cost but I think it was something like 150-$200 factoring in the compressor.
Planning to offer up some raw casts for people to build up and paint, should be trying to keep it $50-55 for those in the US.
Excited to work on these, with the 4th holiday over, finally getting back into it all.
I am sorry.
Posted this mistake.
Last edited by takayayoshino; Oct 17, 2014 at 9:05 AM.
I have no idea what that is
Lol. Nice work by the way. I like how you made the rod. Looks really good.
Working on the blade - I started with a few thin pieces of styrene that I keep around for scratchbuilding. Cut out 4 using wizardofflight's template and then checked to see size fitment. 3 of them stacked look like they were going to be a perfect fit so I used some styrene glue/welding liquid and clamped 3 of them together. As you can see from the photos, they were somewhat rough and the cut on my bandsaw did not make them all exact. Bondo was applied then sanded smooth to shape. Great test fit!