My scratch built back plate

  1. #1
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    My scratch built back plate

    The final part of my armour is done

    Created from 2mm thick plastic sign sheeting and molded over a gas stove. The horrible looking bits are the inside of my collar plate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1-jpg   2-jpg  

  2. #2
    I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA
    Posts
    5,520

    Re: My scratch built back plate

    It's looking good!! But you didn't cut the holes for the jet pack harness!

  3. #3
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: My scratch built back plate

    GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    It's looking good!! But you didn't cut the holes for the jet pack harness!
    You scuppered my fiendish plan

    I plan on buying a new collar and back plate from Bobamaker once my JP is finished. I just needed this for this weekend coming (going to meet Jeremy Bullock ). I didn't want the back of my flak vest showing (looks very unprofessional )

    I can't wait for Sunday. and the bonus is that i get to go for a beer with Jeremy on the Saturday night hopefully

  4. #4
    I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA
    Posts
    5,520

    Re: My scratch built back plate

    Ronin677 said: View Post
    You scuppered my fiendish plan

    I plan on buying a new collar and back plate from Bobamaker once my JP is finished. I just needed this for this weekend coming (going to meet Jeremy Bullock ). I didn't want the back of my flak vest showing (looks very unprofessional )

    I can't wait for Sunday. and the bonus is that i get to go for a beer with Jeremy on the Saturday night hopefully
    Hah, reminds me of when Jeremy crashed a wedding with the Neon City Garrison. Ask him and see if he remembers that It's a nice backpiece!! What do you plan on doing with it when you get your new one from BM?

    Andy

  5. #5
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: My scratch built back plate

    GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Hah, reminds me of when Jeremy crashed a wedding with the Neon City Garrison. Ask him and see if he remembers that It's a nice backpiece!! What do you plan on doing with it when you get your new one from BM?

    Andy
    I don't know what to do with my old stuff. Because it's scratch built I don't think anyone would actually want it.

    As for Jeremy I will ask him about it once i have a few pints into us

  6. #6
    I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA
    Posts
    5,520

    Re: My scratch built back plate

    Sounds good!! Jeremy's a great guy, I hope to see him again at C4

  7. #7
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: My scratch built back plate

    just meeting the guy once is going to be a dream come true. Ever since 1980 i wanted to meet the guy who played him (didn't even know who it was then).

  8. #8

    Re: My scratch built back plate

    Grat piece of work Jon, I love the weathering

  9. #9
    Callista's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    From
    Helhoughton, UK...real place!!
    Posts
    214

    Re: My scratch built back plate

    Very good!!! Weatherinbg looks great!! Will be lookig forward to the grand opening on sunday!!

  10. #10

    Re: My scratch built back plate

    Thats a job well done It really looks the business.
    Have fun meeting Mr Bulloch, is a nice guy.

  11. #11

    Re: My scratch built back plate

    can u show us the other side?

Similar Threads

  1. PVC Back Plate
    By Airman Fett in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2006, 11:58 AM
  2. My completed scratch built ab plate
    By pghfett in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2006, 5:40 PM
  3. back plate help!
    By Kaden in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 11, 2004, 2:42 PM
  4. Butt Plate (back of cod)
    By Jedi-Bob in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jun 21, 2003, 8:34 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •