I see your doing a layer type of paint job on the armor. Are you sanding between layers? I also have rkd's armor.
I lightly sanded the Silver layer because it has a clear coat in it or something that makes it real smooth but only on the areas not getting masked off.
Hey Ski- these are looking great bro! I can't wait to see them in person.
Got my order from Arkady and the quality is amazing!!!!! Fit is pretty spot on too.
Looking good man. Got my parts on order so I'm a few months behind you. Been kind of a fett-head since elementary school.
BTW, thank you for your service! My middle child is in the service and we are very proud of him.
Lookin sharp Jason :cheers
Here is a very initial test fitting. Plates will be adjusted, weathering will be added, etc. I was working on attachment method and really wanted to get a pic with what i had on just to see how it looked. The black spot over the chest plate is part of the wiring for the display that hasn't been routed yet.
Hey man. Looks good! Only thing I would do is try to move your chest pieces up. This not only closes the gap to your collar, but won't allow your abdominal plate to hang below your vest.
RWA template thread or the TDH Gallery for some reference.
Thank you for the comments. I will refine the placement as I move forward. This was just a quick placement. I didn't even use a mirror. I just wanted to get them on to check the actual size on me. The pictures were originally just for me but I figured I'd share. I value you all the comments. I will revisit the collar and back once I get the harness under the backplate.
Thanks to DeathProof for the inspiration and advice, i was able to mod my MOW ammo belt into something I am very pleased with. The last pic is the current state of my kit. (ammo belt is now weathered and not in the pic is the gauntlet rocket that is being painted. Woodman Braids are in the mail.
Nicely done man!!!! Glad you're happy with it!
That spray is pretty nice eh? :)
Yea, the spray is great! It really did the trick.
Decided to try a new test fit since some flight suit alterations, could use some feedback as i move forward if anything needs to be changed. Bear in mind, weathering will be after i get it all looking right. I was hoping to have the girth belt on but it is too big and will be exchanged for a smaller one this week. Once this much is sorted out, i will add the connection for gauntlet hoses in the flight suit and start getting flak vest and plates aligned.
Nice idea with the hose attachment method. I was thinking of doing the keyring, but your idea looks pretty slick.
I would avoid bulking your pockets to a perfect square - always thought it looked a bit awkward. Flight suit fit looks a lot better!
Thanks for the comment. I can easily trim the foam. It was a quick cut. I agree, i didnt like that i could see the foam anyway.
I still have to put the connection in the flightsuit and adjust the hoses accordingly. I was concerned that there isnt enough of a space between the gauntlet and the double sleeve.
It was recommended that i also raise the cod piece up a little. Im going to see how feasible that is, i might see about trimming it a little for a better fit. Im going to keep driving forward and see how it looks once i have it all together before i go cutting on it though. Next pic will have the harness, vest, backplate on to see how it all goes together. After that, i will be staring at my unpainted helmet and jetpack hoping that i can get it right the first attempt painting.
Nice work on the build so far!
What did you use to close your gauntlets? Not sure if you already said it somewhere, looks like velcro?
Yes, velcro on gauntlets.
good idea on the pouch fill. Ill play around with some things. Thanks. Eventually, i will have the chest display battery and aker amp in one of them.
What did you use to attach Velcro to gauntlets? Every thing I have tried has failed. .. epoxy, super glue, Velcro brand glue.
I sanded the plastic and used industrial strength Velcro.
What have other people done between harness and backplate? I have not tried it all on yet but this is on my duct tape dummy so it should be close.
Also is a pic of my shin tool progress. I have a feeling I'll have. Patterson chemical stirrer in my stocking from Santa.
Oh dude awesome, making excited to start mine next year
Here is what i did about the vest and harness
[img width=650 height=487]http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo249/jason_sgtski/Boba%20Fett/8A3E64DB-97C0-4536-8414-A2742C1A9A32_zps1pfndwek.jpg[/img]
And here is some more fitting tests for plate alignment and velcro attachment before i had the harness openings sewn into the vest.
The plates are still a little off. I still need a little more velcro under the armor and possible some snaps or magnets to ensure proper alignment after washing vest or anytime i need to remove the plates. Once they are all aligned, I will mount the snaps for the Diamond.