Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
    Nov 27, 2011, 3:14 AM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #76

Hey Mirtagev,
    no problem please pm me.
    I hope to finish the work on the suit this year. so much is changed right now. the colors of the chest armour are new.
    I will try to give an update soon.
    Last edited by Boba_die_Wix; Nov 28, 2011 at 6:28 AM.
    Dec 16, 2011, 9:44 PM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #77

simply amazing work and detail Congrats.
    Dec 16, 2011, 11:38 PM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #78

Quote Boba_die_Wix said: View Post
    Hey Mirtagev,
    no problem please pm me.
    I hope to finish the work on the suit this year. so much is changed right now. the colors of the chest armour are new.
    I will try to give an update soon.
    You changed the right chest piece didn't you? It's the one thing that really stood out from your paint up. I've just seen in all the PP1 photos that right chest piece is just a whole lot more BLUE than the rest of it. Good lord, I need to buy a bucket already. I've tormented myself enough visiting this site everyday. I've been meaning to get started on my fett, but sometimes it's just too much to take in. So a bucket first. THEN worry about paints while I bondo the dent. Which reminds me, does anybody actually do a PrePro1 cast or anything? I mean, I could get a Jango, but it's been argued to death that the dimensions are all off. It's not really a big deal if nobody does though, I've prepared to dig deep for this project, I mean really, what's a 15 dollar thing of bondo? Pffft. That'll be the cheapest thing I buy for this fett. >.<

Also, Sven when I asked to PM you, I mean down the line, I've got no serious queries up to now. I was just making sure it was cool to ask you questions, you're one of the more active members I've seen, so I was just making sure.

Fettistics, it's okay to swear check this, if I missed one it's truly my bad haha.
    Dec 17, 2011, 9:02 AM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #79

Impressive very impressive all the information and details !!!!!!!

Leo
    Dec 17, 2011, 10:43 AM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #80

Quote MirtaGev said: View Post
    You changed the right chest piece didn't you? It's the one thing that really stood out from your paint up. I've just seen in all the PP1 photos that right chest piece is just a whole lot more BLUE than the rest of it.
    I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but it's a misconception regarding the blue color of the the Pre-Pro #1 helmet and armor and this is due to the images which had an accentuated blue hue. I know that Boba_die_Wix (I really like your suit and this in no way a disrespect regarding your work) started this build more then two years ago and this was the accepted fact, but now we know that this isn't true.

The same blue hue is present on the Pre-Pro #3 image too:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Color Compare.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	342.4 KB 
ID:	57650

And this is the 'real' Pre-Pro #3 helmet:

Name:	Boba-Fett-Third-Prototype-Helmet-083.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	534.0 KB 
ID:	57651
    Dec 17, 2011, 1:57 PM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #81

Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but it's a misconception regarding the blue color of the the Pre-Pro #1 helmet and armor and this is due to the images which had an accentuated blue hue. I know that Boba_die_Wix (I really like your suit and this in no way a disrespect regarding your work) started this build more then two years ago and this was the accepted fact, but now we know that this isn't true.

The same blue hue is present on the Pre-Pro #3 image too:

Name:	Color Compare.jpg 
Size:	342.4 KB 
ID:	57650

And this is the 'real' Pre-Pro #3 helmet:

Name:	Boba-Fett-Third-Prototype-Helmet-083.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	534.0 KB 
ID:	57651

I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that that right chest piece MATCHES the rest of the suit with the 1, 3, and the ESB? Because I think it pretty obviously doesn't, I'm just assuming you're saying it's been proven that it's not actually a BLUE, it's just the old photos that make it appear that way, which I heartily agree with. It ISN'T such a super dark blue like in the photos, but it ISN'T the exact same color as the left chest piece. The diamond I think in the ESB and pp3 is also off color with the left and the ab plate. I'm just clarifying what you're trying to say, not start a fight.
    Dec 18, 2011, 3:10 AM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #82

I agree that the right chest plate and the center diamond had a darker base color (this is how I did my Pre-Pro #1 armor stencil), but the idea is that the whole suit had a green color and not blue. And I really hope that Boba_die_Wix will do the necesary adjustments... If not, his suit still looks amazing! And yes, The Pre-Pro #1, Pre-Pro #3 and the ESB Hero had almost the same color and scratch scheme:

Name:	Twin Suits.jpg 
Size:	596.5 KB 
ID:	57655
  8. Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Dec 28, 2011, 9:05 PM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #83

Name:	cat_its_beautiful1.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	57796

Thats all i can say
  9. Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Jan 21, 2012, 4:05 PM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #84

excellent! The weathering on the armor looks fantastic. Gaunts are looking great.
    Jan 21, 2012, 4:35 PM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #85

Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    I agree that the right chest plate and the center diamond had a darker base color (this is how I did my Pre-Pro #1 armor stencil), but the idea is that the whole suit had a green color and not blue. And I really hope that Boba_die_Wix will do the necesary adjustments... If not, his suit still looks amazing! And yes, The Pre-Pro #1, Pre-Pro #3 and the ESB Hero had almost the same color and scratch scheme:

Name:	Twin Suits.jpg 
Size:	596.5 KB 
ID:	57655
    Oh, yes, I agree completely! That was what I was attempting to say, I was just saying "blue" because that's how it looks in the pictures, I heartily agree that the Pre Pro 1 suit, is actually, a green color. I don't think Boba_Die_Wix is worried about that for now, I mean he's got a PrePro1. Nobody does those. Although I do think it would look amazing for a blue fett. Hell, I might do mine that way, I've been looking for a bucket to start, but I'm not finding anything. Got any recommendations on lids? I saw the FP bucket, but for the time being I want a bucket that I can sand down over and over again to perfect my painting, as I've never used an airbrush before. As always, Rafal, you're my hero.
    Apr 30, 2012, 4:41 AM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #86

Here´s a little update on the armour; I´ve made a complete repaint of the armour parts; also replaced the collar with a new one from IOA:

Apr 30, 2012, 8:39 AM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #87

Very nice my friend!
  13. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 30, 2012, 9:40 AM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #88

Loving it, especially the mismatched right breastplate! Great job!!!
    Apr 30, 2012, 8:52 PM - Re: My Pre-Pro 1 Boba Fett Costume (The Eye-Costume) #89

Quote Art Andrews said: View Post
    Loving it, especially the mismatched right breastplate! Great job!!!
    I noticed that too!