My New CS-6 Blaster:

My New CS-6 Blaster:

I saw a thread in another room concerning a Nerf Longshot (a dart shooting toy essentially) CS-6, and after seeing the potential for major modifications, I had to take a crack at it. I'm extremely happy with it at this point and it's still just primered getting ready for paint. I thought I'd post the pic so you can get some idea about the potential for it becoming an awesome blaster-if I can pull off a good paint/weathering job on it that is. Let me know what you think-please remember it's still just in primer and unfinished of course...

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9325/img0008bu3.jpg

From
    Las Vegas

Re: My New CS-6 Blaster:

Hey,
    It looks like it will turn out GREAT!! Any new progress pics??
    Ray

Hey that looks good, get busy paintin that sweet piece of spaceage weaponry up.

Any pics?

Just like me, I've totally changed things again. I wanted to add the grenade laucher back beneath the barrel as I want to create some grenades to go with said launcher. I need to learn to stick to one project until it's done and not have a half dozen going at once. Any of you have that problem too? I'll have to get my camera's back from a friend who used them saturday night, and I'll snap a couple pics. It's still got alot of painting to do, and a little "body work" as well-hopefully I'll get my butt in gear and get it done sometime between now and this time next year...

Well I finally have changed my CS-6 once again and went back to my original direction. I had added the grenade launcher giving it it's "stock" look again, but it looked exactly like everyone elses's again-which is why I modified it to begin with! So I've taken some advice and reshaped the tip of the barrel where there was a 2" x 2" square that looked out of place, it is cut off and Bondo'd over smooth. I wanted it to be like the DC17, with different attachments etc like the sniper rifle which can be removed and stowed on my jet pack-eventually when I get one. Then I'd have the short barreled blaster in close quarters etc. Bear in mind that I have yet to really begin the weathering via brush and/or airbrush, but you'll get the general idea of what it'll look like when finished...