Subscribe
  1. Jun 26, 2009, 10:50 PM - My MoJo Sidearm #1

Just thought id post some pics of my finished ESB sidearm This is a BEAUTIFUL piece,worth every cent, and i must thank Mojo and Volkerc for making these available to us! ok....on to the pics!..

Jun 26, 2009, 11:21 PM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #2

That looks great. I love seeing all of these being painted up and the different degrees of weathering.
    Jun 27, 2009, 1:07 AM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #3

Nice! Looks well used by the Fett. I'm digging the weathering.
    Jun 27, 2009, 1:39 AM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #4

Well that a pretty decent 1st try. Why don't you send that to me and I'll send you mine which I haven't done anything with and you can perfect your skills on the next one.

That turned out really nice, now I need to get off my lazy butt and do mine.
    Jun 27, 2009, 3:06 AM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #5

Very Nice work bruv... I like the weathering on the barrel.
    Can I suggest that you drill through the hole at the rear of the grip (just behind the logos) and insert a pin. This does 2 things, it gives it that extra level of accuracy and it also aids in holding the main body to the pistol grip... thus not putting too much stress on the rear nipple.
  6. Jun 27, 2009, 8:18 AM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #6

Thanks guys...i takepridceinmy weathering

huhuuhuhuh..you said....nipple

..i actually was going to do that,but trying to figure out a way to be able to remove it so i can break the gun down when i transport it in my tote with the rest of my Fettman. trying to not have a HUMONGUS tote haha
    Jun 27, 2009, 8:38 AM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #7

Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    huhuuhuhuh..you said....nipple

Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    I actually was going to do that,but trying to figure out a way to be able to remove it so i can break the gun down when i transport it in my tote with the rest of my Fettman. trying to not have a HUMONGUS tote haha
    I would recommend it, as it will only strengthen the build?
    Bit I can see that if you are wanting to break it down, then a quick system like unscrewing the 'nipple' is fine...
  8. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jun 27, 2009, 2:53 PM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #8

Wanted to mention something that I am not seeing anyone do (myself included). On the original, the finish is pretty clearly HIGH gloss! I think most of us have been goinng with primer or some other low gloss paint. If you are painting this replica and want it to be as close to the original as possible, we need to be switching over to high gloss. Just a suggestion.
  9. Jun 27, 2009, 2:58 PM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #9

ya know,your right!...but then of course you are ! Im guessing the originals were either some sort of high impact glossy plastic, or painted metal

Hmm...i may just do that...dirt however is not shiney

Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    Wanted to mention something that I am not seeing anyone do (myself included). On the original, the finish is pretty clearly HIGH gloss! I think most of us have been goinng with primer or some other low gloss paint. If you are painting this replica and want it to be as close to the original as possible, we need to be switching over to high gloss. Just a suggestion.
  10. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jun 27, 2009, 3:04 PM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #10

I have really struggled with this issue. Was the original painted, or are we just seeing the original bare plastic which has a glossy finish. My original Pulce has almost the exact same sheen as what is seen on Fett's original Pulce, but mine is a grey, not the red/brown color... and all the original Pulce's I have seen are grey or black. Was there another color that we haven't seen yet, or did they paint the original? One thing that makes me think they did paint the original is that the bottom of the grip is filled in (the original Pulce has a hollow handle) and the color of the filled in part seems to match the rest of the gun... making me think they did paint it and used a glossy paint. Just some thoughts....
    Jun 27, 2009, 3:15 PM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #11

I agree Art, all the pics I have seen of real pulces and my own included are as you say of the dark grey gloss finish.
    I will be painting my own replica with gloss finsih paints...
  12. Jun 27, 2009, 7:37 PM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #12

Ok how 'bout now?

13. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jun 27, 2009, 8:33 PM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #13

NOW WE'RE TALKIN'!!!!
  14. Jun 28, 2009, 12:30 AM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #14

Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    NOW WE'RE TALKIN'!!!!
    haha!
    Jun 28, 2009, 3:48 AM - Re: My MoJo Sidearm #15

Much better....