Subscribe
    Sep 18, 2004, 8:17 AM - My "Kastalorian" ESB Fett Jetpack #1

Here's my 100% scratch built jet pack. The pictures are way shinier than reality but at least the color comes out about right.

The rocket consists of some pipe couplers, 2 air fresheners and a cut down funnel. The top is like a hollow point so I'll call this one Fett's HESH rocket. (High Explosive Squash Head) The main body is sintra while the main tube is ABS pipe. (3 1/2") I'm guessing the weight about 4 lbs +/-. The fuel tanks are small paint cans but they'll be upgraded. The thrusters are air fresheners epoxyed to 2 plastic balls. I drilled holes in the large dowel and put in a 1/4" dowel on each end. The balls just slide on and they are pretty secure.

She's not movie accurate (the tank enclosures are 3 sides instead of 4) and she still needs the greeblies but she's all mine baby! I'll try to make my templates available soon.

Sep 18, 2004, 11:47 PM - Re: My "Kastalorian" ESB Fett Jetpack #2

Very very nice for a scratch built man! Cant wait to see the templates! And also the completed pack! Goodluck!
  3. Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Sep 19, 2004, 2:52 AM - Re: My "Kastalorian" ESB Fett Jetpack #3

Looks Great Jodo!! I'm going to attempt a scratch built soon and am looking forward to your templates for comparison!

Keep up the good work man!
  4. Member Since
    Nov 2003
    Sep 19, 2004, 11:52 PM - Re: My "Kastalorian" ESB Fett Jetpack #4

I'd say that is pretty damn good coming from a guy who swore he would never wear a jet pack

Excellent work as always.

Loranar
    Sep 20, 2004, 1:55 AM - Re: My "Kastalorian" ESB Fett Jetpack #5

Looking good my friend. Is there any way I could get a parts list for that rocket? Brand name, names of product that kind of thing. I want to build a rocket for my pack but i haven't searched for any thing yet.
    Sep 20, 2004, 7:15 AM - Re: My "Kastalorian" ESB Fett Jetpack #6

I'll see what I can do.

Loranar_Fett wrote:

I'd say that is pretty damn good coming from a guy who swore he would never wear a jet pack
    As for this, I must humbly apologize. Despite the hassle of building the damn thing and getting the harness to work, you can't describe how cool it feels to put this bad boy on. Pretty dang sweet!!!
  7. Member Since
    Nov 2003
    Sep 20, 2004, 6:46 PM - Re: My "Kastalorian" ESB Fett Jetpack #7

Jodo_Kast wrote:

Loranar_Fett wrote:

As for this, I must humbly apologize. Despite the hassle of building the damn thing and getting the harness to work, you can't describe how cool it feels to put this bad boy on. Pretty dang sweet!!!
    I must say that after seeing your pics from your last event that I am glad you decided to switch sides on the jet pack. You pull it off very well.

I am always impressed with your creative ability to scratch build just about anything.

Keep it up!

Loranar
  8. jedilos
    Sep 30, 2004, 11:39 AM - Re: My "Kastalorian" ESB Fett Jetpack #8

this looks great. I'm getting the making bug again. I would love to see your templates when you get them. I finally found someone in my town that sells syntra and i was able to get a jumpsuit for 99 cents at a thrift store. im may have to make my mandolorian after all