Subscribe
    Nov 24, 2013, 10:03 AM - My FP gauntlets assembled & painted by DVH :) #1

So i finally got around to assembling and painting my FP gauntlets. After much debate between accuracy and practicality, i decided to go with hinges and clips for the closing method. Although its not screen accurate, it does make it much simpler for trooping purposes. I based my ESB Fett on the ESB Promo shots and I always noticed the right gauntlet had more of a faded look to it, so i set out to replicate that look this time around. Basically, i just added some white into the Humbrol 78 until i thought it was close..actually a little lighter than i wanted, knowing it would dry a bit darker. I also misted it with a rust color and then gently wiped it down after it dried with 0000 steel wool. Then i matte clear coated it. I think i got it pretty close. So, My re-vamped Fett is almost ready to troop again!

Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Nov 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Nov 24, 2013, 11:24 AM - Re: My FP gauntlets assembled & painted by DVH :) #2

Great job Lou, that right gaunt looks dead on.
    Nov 24, 2013, 11:29 AM - My FP gauntlets assembled & painted by DVH :) #3

Looks great lou
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
    Nov 24, 2013, 11:31 AM - Re: My FP gauntlets assembled & painted by DVH :) #4

Wow! It looks great! I really like the 'new' colors!
    Nov 24, 2013, 11:37 AM - Re: My FP gauntlets assembled & painted by DVH :) #5

Thanks guys!

The right gaunt looks a little greener in bright daylight (the right gaunt alone pic was taken in daylight) but the indoor "just a little daylight" comparison pic it looks dead on..which im guessing is about right since the promo shots were taken indoors obviously. Thanks for the compliments guys...i was a little scared to do it, since i actually already painted the gaunts..but i had this feeling i could match that faded dirty look...so i went for it lol
    Nov 24, 2013, 12:31 PM - Re: My FP gauntlets assembled & painted by DVH :) #6

Lookin good Lou! I talked to Chris yesterday about a pair for ROTJ.....
    Did you go all FG or bottoms vac formed? Assuming all FG if you hinged them.....
    Nov 24, 2013, 12:44 PM - Re: My FP gauntlets assembled & painted by DVH :) #7

Thanks man, Actually they are FG with Vac'ed bottoms..but i glassed the insides of the vac'ed bottoms to do the hinge.
  9. Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Nov 24, 2013, 12:45 PM - Re: My FP gauntlets assembled & painted by DVH :) #8

Wow, attention to detail is fantastic,those gauntlets look great.

I see shots like this and realize how far I have to go... one step at a time.