Just thought i'd share a little thing i've made. I'm making an SE costume and started looking for the divers buckle, as they're quite expensive i thought i'd give a go making one, and if i cocked it up, then i'd buy one.
I started with one of these off ebay (£8.99, the belt is just black, it doesn't have the Beaver writing on it at all):
The buckle that came with it was more like this though:
You can see that the buckle itself isn't the correct shape for the ROTJ fett one, so I bought a small piece of 1mm sheet aluminium off ebay for 99p delivered. With the aluminium only being thin (but not so thin that it's flimsy or is going to bend with use) you can cut it with a decent pair of scissors. The idea was to make a cover for the existing buckle which is the shape of the correct buckle, so, I cut and bent it to shape, glued it onto the buckle and ended up with a fairly accurate (IMO) ROTJ buckle (see attached pics) including the webbing belt for less than £10. Any comments welcome!