My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF

My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF

I have never posted here but I got a ton of great ideas and templates that I used from WOF, so i figured since I'd post. Well here is my hasbro fett helmet redo for my 7 year old sons Halloween costume. Still a ton of work to do and I will post more info when I am done if anyone is interested. I will be posting the entire fett costume soon as I am done. I pretty much done with the whole costume just trying to finish up today.

Running a little behind but will be posted soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mock-up-jpg   knee-armor-jpg   boba-fett-helmet-jpg  

From
    Northern VA

Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF

Looks great!

Thanks..WTFett, I was a lot of fun getting back in to building stuff. Almost 20 years.

From
    Brisbane, Australia

nice stuff mate well done...reminds me I still have to put the finishing touches on my sons boba for a big troop next week

Here is the armor layout. I used Sintra to make the body armor. I just matched the colors the best I could.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails armor-traced-jpg   armor-template-layout-jpg   armor-cut-jpg  

armor-1-paint-jpg  

I made the jumpsuit myself from a pattern I bought at a craft store and the flak vest I winged. I dyed the suit pearl gray and the cape dark green and just let it sit for an hour.
    I hand painted most of the chest emblem and my first test fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vest-layout-jpg   cape-dye-jpg   jumpsuit-dye-jpg  

vest-jumpsuit-dye-jpg   jumpsuit-patern1-jpg   jumpsuit-patern-jpg  

knee-armor1-jpg   chest-emblem-jpg   knee-armor-cut-jpg  

1-jpg  

armor layout
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails armor-paint-jpg  

From
    Brisbane, Australia

Looks awesome mate...we have had trouble finding a jumpsuit pattern. We just died some cargo pants and a shirt.

Here is my shoulder armor emblem paint job. I used graphite paper to transfer it and I used a toothpick to pain it just because it is so small. Still need to touch it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails emblem-trace-jpg   emblem-3-jpg   emblem-2-jpg  

emblem-1-jpg   emblem-done-jpg  

Well I finished up yesterday...his bucket is a little big but I only had two weeks to put it together. I know its not movie accurate but I did what I could. Now its my turn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boba-done-jpg  

I didn't really have to post things in order, so I have been just putting pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gauntlet-jpg   gauntlet-ufr-jpg   helmet-paint-jpg  

gloves-jpg   gauntlet-r-jpg  

From
    Long Beach, CA

Looks AWESOME!!

From
    San Francisco

Awesome! I also made my fist Fett costume for a 7 year old. Way too much time spent and I wish I'd come across some of those templates! When I get my 5 posts up I'll post a topic.

mauricemeyer said: View Post
    Awesome! I also made my fist Fett costume for a 7 year old. Way too much time spent and I wish I'd come across some of those templates! When I get my 5 posts up I'll post a topic.
    Thanks, I can't wait to see your stuff. I still want to do a few things to it, like correct the earpieces and maybe sculpt a smaller helmet. I was pressed for time on this build (two weeks). He wants to sport it and Wonder Con and SDCC next year, not to mention Star Wars CIV.

OBrotherRacing said: View Post
    Looks AWESOME!!
    Thanks

From
    San Francisco

Same here. I have a little sticky right under my keyboard where I'm jotting down notes as they come to me. It's at like 20 lines so far! I was really up against the wall with Halloween and didn't even get the kill stripes on. Had a semi-devastating wardrobe malfunction while trick or treating too. The jet pack straps let go and the pack took a digger on the hard cement. 3 pieces popped off but the repairs weren't really that bad.

I'm going to detox a little and go back at it at a more relaxed pace. Kind of nice to get back into some hobbyist kind of stuff. Used to build a lot of scratch built models in the younger years.

Yeah, I want to find some more events to take him to. Thinking about the Star Wars CIV but I need to get a read on his stamina with the costume.

mauricemeyer said: View Post
    Same here. I have a little sticky right under my keyboard where I'm jotting down notes as they come to me. It's at like 20 lines so far! I was really up against the wall with Halloween and didn't even get the kill stripes on. Had a semi-devastating wardrobe malfunction while trick or treating too. The jet pack straps let go and the pack took a digger on the hard cement. 3 pieces popped off but the repairs weren't really that bad.

I'm going to detox a little and go back at it at a more relaxed pace. Kind of nice to get back into some hobbyist kind of stuff. Used to build a lot of scratch built models in the younger years.

Yeah, I want to find some more events to take him to. Thinking about the Star Wars CIV but I need to get a read on his stamina with the costume.
    HA...Same here, last night had a few problems but I was prepared. I took some, super glue, duct tape, and Velcro. I use to scratch build models about 18 years ago, feels great to be back in to it.

Nice stuff mate its awesome....
    Last edited by familienladen01; Nov 28, 2011 at 3:05 AM.