Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Oct 28, 2011, 9:28 PM - My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #1

I have never posted here but I got a ton of great ideas and templates that I used from WOF, so i figured since I'd post. Well here is my hasbro fett helmet redo for my 7 year old sons Halloween costume. Still a ton of work to do and I will post more info when I am done if anyone is interested. I will be posting the entire fett costume soon as I am done. I pretty much done with the whole costume just trying to finish up today.

Running a little behind but will be posted soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mock-up-jpg   knee-armor-jpg   boba-fett-helmet-jpg  

Oct 28, 2011, 10:25 PM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #2

Looks great!
  3. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Oct 29, 2011, 3:53 AM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #3

Thanks..WTFett, I was a lot of fun getting back in to building stuff. Almost 20 years.
    Oct 29, 2011, 4:15 AM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #4

nice stuff mate well done...reminds me I still have to put the finishing touches on my sons boba for a big troop next week
  5. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Oct 30, 2011, 2:04 AM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #5

Here is the armor layout. I used Sintra to make the body armor. I just matched the colors the best I could.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails armor-traced-jpg   armor-template-layout-jpg   armor-cut-jpg  

armor-1-paint-jpg  
  6. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Oct 30, 2011, 2:09 AM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #6

I made the jumpsuit myself from a pattern I bought at a craft store and the flak vest I winged. I dyed the suit pearl gray and the cape dark green and just let it sit for an hour.
    I hand painted most of the chest emblem and my first test fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vest-layout-jpg   cape-dye-jpg   jumpsuit-dye-jpg  

vest-jumpsuit-dye-jpg   jumpsuit-patern1-jpg   jumpsuit-patern-jpg  

knee-armor1-jpg   chest-emblem-jpg   knee-armor-cut-jpg  

1-jpg  
  7. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Oct 30, 2011, 2:15 AM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #7

armor layout
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails armor-paint-jpg  
    Oct 30, 2011, 5:43 AM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #8

Looks awesome mate...we have had trouble finding a jumpsuit pattern. We just died some cargo pants and a shirt.
  9. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Oct 30, 2011, 4:29 PM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #9

Here is my shoulder armor emblem paint job. I used graphite paper to transfer it and I used a toothpick to pain it just because it is so small. Still need to touch it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails emblem-trace-jpg   emblem-3-jpg   emblem-2-jpg  

emblem-1-jpg   emblem-done-jpg  
  10. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Nov 1, 2011, 1:13 PM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #10

Well I finished up yesterday...his bucket is a little big but I only had two weeks to put it together. I know its not movie accurate but I did what I could. Now its my turn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boba-done-jpg  
  11. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Nov 1, 2011, 1:17 PM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #11

I didn't really have to post things in order, so I have been just putting pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gauntlet-jpg   gauntlet-ufr-jpg   helmet-paint-jpg  

gloves-jpg   gauntlet-r-jpg  
  12. Nov 1, 2011, 1:42 PM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #12

Looks AWESOME!!
  13. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Nov 1, 2011, 7:59 PM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #13

Awesome! I also made my fist Fett costume for a 7 year old. Way too much time spent and I wish I'd come across some of those templates! When I get my 5 posts up I'll post a topic.
  14. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Nov 2, 2011, 12:29 AM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #14

mauricemeyer said: View Post
    Awesome! I also made my fist Fett costume for a 7 year old. Way too much time spent and I wish I'd come across some of those templates! When I get my 5 posts up I'll post a topic.
    Thanks, I can't wait to see your stuff. I still want to do a few things to it, like correct the earpieces and maybe sculpt a smaller helmet. I was pressed for time on this build (two weeks). He wants to sport it and Wonder Con and SDCC next year, not to mention Star Wars CIV.
  15. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Nov 2, 2011, 12:30 AM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #15

OBrotherRacing said: View Post
    Looks AWESOME!!
    Thanks
  16. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Nov 2, 2011, 12:43 AM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #16

Same here. I have a little sticky right under my keyboard where I'm jotting down notes as they come to me. It's at like 20 lines so far! I was really up against the wall with Halloween and didn't even get the kill stripes on. Had a semi-devastating wardrobe malfunction while trick or treating too. The jet pack straps let go and the pack took a digger on the hard cement. 3 pieces popped off but the repairs weren't really that bad.

I'm going to detox a little and go back at it at a more relaxed pace. Kind of nice to get back into some hobbyist kind of stuff. Used to build a lot of scratch built models in the younger years.

Yeah, I want to find some more events to take him to. Thinking about the Star Wars CIV but I need to get a read on his stamina with the costume.
  17. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Nov 2, 2011, 12:51 AM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #17

mauricemeyer said: View Post
    Same here. I have a little sticky right under my keyboard where I'm jotting down notes as they come to me. It's at like 20 lines so far! I was really up against the wall with Halloween and didn't even get the kill stripes on. Had a semi-devastating wardrobe malfunction while trick or treating too. The jet pack straps let go and the pack took a digger on the hard cement. 3 pieces popped off but the repairs weren't really that bad.

I'm going to detox a little and go back at it at a more relaxed pace. Kind of nice to get back into some hobbyist kind of stuff. Used to build a lot of scratch built models in the younger years.

Yeah, I want to find some more events to take him to. Thinking about the Star Wars CIV but I need to get a read on his stamina with the costume.
    HA...Same here, last night had a few problems but I was prepared. I took some, super glue, duct tape, and Velcro. I use to scratch build models about 18 years ago, feels great to be back in to it.
  18. Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Nov 15, 2011, 12:39 AM - Re: My 7 Year olds Hollowwen Coustume...Thanks to WOF #18

Nice stuff mate its awesome....
    Last edited by familienladen01; Nov 28, 2011 at 3:05 AM.