MY 1st ROTJ Fett

MY 1st ROTJ Fett

So I have just completed my 1st Fett just in time for a friends kids B-Day party today. I still have lots of little things to still go like weathering the suit and add-on pieces. I did all the painting myself and was not sure I would end up with something I liked as this is the 1st time I have done any painting and airbrushing. I also wanted to say for anyone starting a project half the fun and pride of the suit is the sweet and blood you put into it.
    I want thank those from TDH that have helped make this happen for me their hard work.
    Thanks LadySewforus (all of the soft parts), Man of War Studios( Jetpack and gauntlets) , Asok (Helmet ) BooBoo Fett (awesome belt) Woodman again (Wookie braids) Sidewinder ( blaster dont have it yet but I know its going to be great) and Cucblack ( Armor ) I wanted to thank Fett 4 Real as I used a lot of your posts to help along the way and everyone on here at TDH.

Ps the TK is my Brother.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1030966-jpg   p1030967-jpg   p1030969-jpg  

From
    Galati, Romania

Re: MY 1st ROTJ Fett

You have a very good suit there for a first try! You might consider to weather the soft parts to match the armor parts (the armor is weathered while the jumpsuit is too clean). From the second image I noticed that the visor is partially installed (?) and the mandibles aren't parallel to each other. But otherwise it's a great suit.

Thank you I think what you see in the 2nd image is the sun sneaking in the back of the helmet so you can seen though the visor. But I did have some issues with the helmet and it bugged me too. I cut the visor our sometime before I was ready to paint it and then with the heat it warp a bit. I have ordered a new visor I will try to correct this if it does not then I have a reason to get another helmet the soft parts are way to clean I just ran out of time for this event but do plan on getting that done.

From
    Galati, Romania

The helmet is OK, just fix the visor.

I love seeing a great suit completed but what I really love is the joy it brings to children when they see these characters come to life! My first experience 30+ years ago when star wars first came out was seeing a real R2-D2 and a poorly costumed C-3PO. As a kid I didn't scrutinize either of those; I just loved them for what they were! Great work and glad you got it finished in time! A little weathering on the flight suit and you'll be good to go!

From
    North Texas

Get that thing filthy and you got it.

From
    Roanoke, VA USA

Looks good bud! I bet they had fun! Agree with Mullreel, get it dirty, someone a while ago said I don't think boba would have time to run to the cleaners!!

If that is your first set, I would love to see what comes next! That is stellar. Apart from dirtying up the suit a bit, I can't see anything even close to amateurish.

DarthMater said: View Post
    I love seeing a great suit completed but what I really love is the joy it brings to children when they see these characters come to life! My first experience 30+ years ago when star wars first came out was seeing a real R2-D2 and a poorly costumed C-3PO. As a kid I didn't scrutinize either of those; I just loved them for what they were! Great work and glad you got it finished in time! A little weathering on the flight suit and you'll be good to go!
    I agree. My first armor was a TD. I "trooped" at my kindergartener's school Halloween carnival last year, and I was literally mobbed. The kids absolutely went nuts. It made my daughter quite proud.

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

I agree! I smile when I see SW characters, but I really love seeing these photos where you can literally see the memories being made on kids' faces!

Nice!

playford said: View Post
    If that is your first set, I would love to see what comes next! That is stellar. Apart from dirtying up the suit a bit, I can't see anything even close to amateurish.

This was the 1st time I have ever done any crafting or painting and I was worried that this would come out like trash. I don’t want to apply that I got this one the 1st try many pieces had to get sanded down and repainted. But I looked for good parts from the good guys here on TDH and that goes a long way. I know I have not posted a lot but I read a lot along the way as I was working on this and picked up a lot tip and tricks. I’m not sure what is next but I had a blast doing this one.