Subscribe
  1. drokkul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    987
    May 1, 2006, 10:12 PM - My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #1

    This is my 1st try at painting Fett armor. Please be kind

    These were made using WoF's templates and trash cans (I wonder if I did a search on the keyword trash can how many hits would come up )

    I know that the mythosaur symbol is too big, but its saving grace is that it is hand painted.

    I also haven't painted the lines around the silver, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not. This is for a stand up display for personal satisfaction and I'm not 100% bound by the phrase "movie-accurate"

    Lemme' know what you think. (PS I haven't dull-cote'd yet. If I do anything else to them I will remask the silver then dull-cote after that)

  2. Admin Staff webchief's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,704
    May 1, 2006, 10:42 PM - Re: My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #2

    Looking pretty good. Personally I'd add the light yellow around the silver though. Also they seem to be a bit TOO curved. Is it just the angle? Otherwise, great job on the painting... very nice.
  3. drokkul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    987
    May 1, 2006, 10:49 PM - Re: My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #3

    Quote webchief said:
    Also they seem to be a bit TOO curved. Is it just the angle? Otherwise, great job on the painting... very nice.
    Yeah...I have never seen a head on shot of the shoulder pieces so that I could get an idea of the arc. If someone could do that I would be most grateful!!!

    Thanks for the paint compliment!
  4. evan4218's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,789
    May 1, 2006, 11:02 PM - Re: My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #4

    Good eye for detail, love the blends!
  5. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    May 1, 2006, 11:55 PM - Re: My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #5

    Quote evan4218 said:
    Good eye for detail, love the blends!
    Took the words right out of my mouth.. ...nice tones..
  6. imperialissue's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    139
    May 2, 2006, 3:21 PM - Re: My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #6

    Handpainted mythosaur!
    Nice job.
  7. CenteroftheMind's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    168
    May 2, 2006, 8:48 PM - Re: My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #7

    Quote imperialissue said:
    Handpainted mythosaur!
    Nice job.
    Ditto, that looks like a decal!
  8. May 2, 2006, 9:02 PM - Re: My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #8

    Quote drokkul said:
    This is my 1st try at painting Fett armor. Please be kind

    These were made using WoF's templates and trash cans (I wonder if I did a search on the keyword trash can how many hits would come up )

    I know that the mythosaur symbol is too big, but its saving grace is that it is hand painted.

    I also haven't painted the lines around the silver, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not. This is for a stand up display for personal satisfaction and I'm not 100% bound by the phrase "movie-accurate"

    Lemme' know what you think. (PS I haven't dull-cote'd yet. If I do anything else to them I will remask the silver then dull-cote after that)

    Those look real good, and you handpainted that image? AWESOME!!!I like the dents without the outlines myself.Looks more realistic in my opinion.
    Great job.
  9. drokkul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    987
    May 2, 2006, 11:01 PM - Re: My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #9

    I should clarify on the insignia. To do the creme-ish color rectangle with the rounded ends I masked it off then airbrushed. The skull, however, is the part that was hand painted.

    Thanks for the great feedback everybody!!
  10. LionsPride's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    208
    May 2, 2006, 11:34 PM - Re: My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #10

    Great job, looks awsome, where were you when I needed a decal ?
  11. Jango's kid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,517
    May 3, 2006, 2:18 AM - Re: My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #11

    Quote webchief said:
    Looking pretty good. Personally I'd add the light yellow around the silver though. Also they seem to be a bit TOO curved. Is it just the angle? Otherwise, great job on the painting... very nice.
    I agree with everything the Cheif said! They look outstanding for your first attempt!!
    D
  12. Kashyyyk4ABY's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    356
    Jul 24, 2007, 8:40 PM - Re: My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #12

    Wow...these look great. I also think that the silver is pretty cool without the pale yellow outline.
  13. al13ns's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    384
    Jul 24, 2007, 9:18 PM - Re: My 1st armor paint (shoulder bells) #13

    great!! can't wait to see ur next progress...

Similar Threads

  1. Carefully re-done shoulder bells
    By mrgr8ness in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar 29, 2007, 7:43 AM
  2. My Shoulder Bells !
    By Real Scooby in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Dec 2, 2005, 4:00 PM
  3. Shoulder Bells...pic...suggestions?
    By Kripps in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Apr 27, 2005, 3:56 PM
  4. Different Colored Shoulder Bells in ESB
    By E2K13 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 3, 2005, 5:39 PM
  5. ESB Shoulder Bells
    By Duh in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jan 6, 2004, 9:35 PM