Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Apr 7, 2006, 9:42 AM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #26

I can't stand these stupid MR items....Give me fan made costume parts, ANYDAY!
    Apr 7, 2006, 10:09 AM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #27

It looks pretty nice, but a little to rich for my blood.
    Apr 7, 2006, 10:36 AM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #28

After the initial rush of the high end collectors, these should be available at some sort of discount. I have a few MR items and I never paid full price for any of them. (Training remote $75, Thermal detonator $100, Jango Blaster case for my more accurate fan made blasters $50, Vader ESB saber $150)
    Apr 7, 2006, 10:50 AM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #29

Boba Fett's ROTJ blaster is:

THE reason I found this website

THE reason why I decided to do a ROTJ costume

I have to have one!

I take it we'll be able to order these from the MR website??
    Apr 7, 2006, 12:13 PM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #30

I've lost faith with MR, they need to EARN it back. I'll watch the company, but they need to get their act together before they get any more of my business. Here's a little suggestion for them...sell your product AFTER you have it sitting in your warehouse. I've grown to hate pre-sales.
    Apr 7, 2006, 2:52 PM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #31

MR asks WAAAAAY too much for their props. I'm sorry but I'll take my MLC blaster for half that price any day. Sure this will most likely be better but not $300 better!

Besides... I get a kick out of the additional $100 for JB's autograph. I'm sorry... I love JB to death. He's a great guy but there's no way in hell his autograph is worth that much to me. Especially when you can get it at any convention you want for about $20 (if he even charges you at all).
    Apr 7, 2006, 4:50 PM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #32

Yeah have to agree. While I've got a couple ForceFX sabre's, I'm not shelling out the amount of cash they want from these replicas. Especially, when we all know it's not costing that much to make them. I rather drop 600 bills on a complete suit of ST armor.
    Last edited by Rat_Fett; Apr 7, 2006 at 5:34 PM.
    Apr 7, 2006, 5:00 PM - Re: MR announces FETT ROTJ BLASTER #33

.... must .... refrain .... from .... speaking mind ...

"OY" !

Quote MARROW SUN said:
    So whatcha talk'n about Willis?

Jordy? You recasted my "one liner rip-off" !!!

FP
    Apr 7, 2006, 5:13 PM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #34

Quote webchief said:
    MR asks WAAAAAY too much for their props. I'm sorry but I'll take my MLC blaster for half that price any day. Sure this will most likely be better but not $300 better!

Besides... I get a kick out of the additional $100 for JB's autograph. I'm sorry... I love JB to death. He's a great guy but there's no way in hell his autograph is worth that much to me. Especially when you can get it at any convention you want for about $20 (if he even charges you at all).
    Over at our boards ( www.rebelscum.com ) Amy from MR customerservice, just mentioned that there MIGHT come up with a CE ( Collectors Edition ) too sometime later.
    CE´s are the "Poor Man Props", with the same details but made out of cheaper materials.
    Apr 7, 2006, 6:47 PM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #35

MR history as of late is that of any E! True Hollywood Story, full of promise, success, surrounded by scandal and the eventual tragic spiral into self-destruction.

Quality control, communication between the departments of production and management, unreasonably commitment to deadlines attributes to debacles that continue to live in humorous infamy, case in point that “Stupid clone helmet” as Jordy put it so amply.

The price alone MR is asking for is staggering when you consider individuals like MLC and Sci-fire produce a replica on par for a fraction of the price. However for the average consumer and the avid collector the MR ROTJ will be the best available product accessible but there still isn't any justification to the unreasonably excessive price tag.

Hopefully things optimistically work out this time around for those purchasing this item from MR with little to no hassle, but for those already scorned by MR once I think there is a valid reason to be concerned and reasonably pessimistic.

I honesty wouldn’t give a dime of my own hard earned wages to MR for products they seemly can’t deliver. I’d much rather buy some pesto down at Trader Joe’s that is absolutely scrumptious but beside the point than buy any MR products.

Besides John's ROTJ blizzle is prodizzle.
    Apr 7, 2006, 9:34 PM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #36

I'm trying to remember what I got my Spidey kit for back in the day, I think it was around $175 or something. To me, it looks every bit as good as what MR will put out, plus I get the satisfaction of knowing I made it.
    Apr 8, 2006, 12:49 AM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #37

I'd rather spend that money getting a real webley and making the gun
    $600 is way too hefty of a price tag and even though it will probably be dead on, I don't understand how they keep ripping their fans off. Too bad so many people have to have it.

-=QuinN!
    Apr 8, 2006, 1:49 AM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #38

Quote CombatBaby said:
    I'd rather spend that money getting a real webley and making the gun
    $600 is way too hefty of a price tag and even though it will probably be dead on, I don't understand how they keep ripping their fans off. Too bad so many people have to have it.

-=QuinN!
    if i could get a real webley for even *close* to that price, i'd be all over it. i found an original stalk once for $750. no gun though.

anyone know what an original goes for? anyone wanna sell me one for $600 or less?
    Apr 8, 2006, 11:07 AM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #39

Not to change the subject...but...if the rifle is that much, whats the helmet going to go for?
    Apr 8, 2006, 1:54 PM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #40

Quote tk7602 said:
    anyone know what an original goes for? anyone wanna sell me one for $600 or less?
    Original blued Webley's are usually in the $1200 range.....nickel plated US versions are less....how much less depends on timing, seller, market, etc.

The price actually isn't that bad considering it's a finished, licensed prop....I've got nearly $500 into my HS buildup.

Steve
    Apr 8, 2006, 2:57 PM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #41

Quote DL44 Blaster said:
    Original blued Webley's are usually in the $1200 range.....nickel plated US versions are less....how much less depends on timing, seller, market, etc.

The price actually isn't that bad considering it's a finished, licensed prop....I've got nearly $500 into my HS buildup.

Steve
    That is interesting to know!
    Apr 8, 2006, 7:32 PM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #42

Quote DL44 Blaster said:

Steve
    I paid a little bit more than DL44 Blaster mentioned, but it was well worth it. I paid $1300 for my blued Webley and $1500 for my nickel plated Webley.
  18. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Apr 8, 2006, 9:09 PM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #43

Quote phantomfett said:
    I paid a little bit more than DL44 Blaster mentioned, but it was well worth it. I paid $1300 for my blued Webley and $1500 for my nickel plated Webley.
    Wow... I have just been building mine... $30.
    Apr 8, 2006, 10:22 PM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #44

Quote GCNgamer128 said:
    Wow... I have just been building mine... $30.
    The guys above are talking real Webley's..
    Apr 10, 2006, 9:02 AM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #45

you guys keep mentioning scifire making the blaster - are they?

i've gotten no response from my email to them inquiring about it.
    Apr 10, 2006, 9:41 AM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #46

I'll wait to see the final product before I drop any cash. MR has had too many quality control issues lately.
    Apr 22, 2006, 9:46 PM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #47

Why on earth is this thing going to have wooden handles? The only thing wooden on a Webley is the stock.
  23. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Apr 27, 2006, 2:37 AM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #48

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/pro...duct_id=104951

This blaster is expeeeeennnsisiiiiiiiiiveeeeee...

$679.99
    Apr 27, 2006, 8:16 AM - Re: MR ROTJ Blaster #49

Quote phantomfett said:
    Why on earth is this thing going to have wooden handles? The only thing wooden on a Webley is the stock.
    Yes, that bothers me too. The grip should be brass. But considered that it's painted anyways, metal would be fine. But I'd rather have painted brass.