I got my awsome MOW jet pack in the other day and wanted to share my progress!
I started off by cutting out the supplied template and drilled out the openings for the nozzles. I drilled a pilot hole, then used a 3/4" auger bit and then used a dremel to get the final opening of 1".
Final product after dremling:
I then built the nozzle bracket as per MOW's thread out of 3/4" PVC pipe. I only used a little over a foot but I could only find the stuff in 10' lenghts and I have alot of extra pipe now. I did a test fit to make sure it all went to gether nicly and then installed in the JP. I did not glue the parts as I intend to keep the nozzles removable for easy transportation.
I then moved on to the Beacon and stabilzer: Instead of the suppled parts I used my psberetta parts from the run he did last year (I belive the short beacon is the one I have) , and they fit perfectly. I have not installed a light yet but that is comming.
Next, I needed some brackets so I went kind of accurate "J" brackets. I looked for some pre-made brackets but I did not find any. So I used some 1 1/2" wide flat brackets and bent them to into the "J" shape and then bent part of it out about 15 degrees or so. I really eye balled this as I have never done it before. I then bolted each bracket to the JP with four bolts.
For attaching the rocket I went with somthing a little different also. I like magnets and my clone has around 40 of them, so I thought why not magnets to hold on the rocket too?
I used some nice flat 1/2" supermagnets, one on the bottom of the pack and the other in the rocket. On the rocket I used an auger to create a bed for the magnet so it sits flush and then glued it in place. I used E6000 glue and a few hours later I put in in the rocket and then shook it to see if it came apart. The magnets did not, but the glue did (usualy needs 24 hours +) but it worked and I will try it a few times before changing it up.
Also on the rocket, I felt that the holes could be a little nicer so I used a 1/16" bit and drilled each of them out and it really helped the look
Later I did a bit of sanding and filling and then more sanding and it is in primer right now. I hope to get the green down tomorrow.
One last pic, all built before being taken apart for painting.