Screws are in. It feels extremely secure!
My drill's battery is dead, so I had to Dremel out the locator holes in the gauntlet with a carving bit.
Nice fit! There's a little gap from the washer built onto the hex screws, but it's not a big deal to me.
I carved out a couple recessed holes on the gauntlet to receive the magnets. To ensure that I carve the holes in the same place on the flamethrower mounting plate, I used a bit of Blu-Tac as a quick mold and pressed the flamethrower onto the gauntlet.
Meh, it mostly worked. Good enough for me!
I'll try two of the button-sized magnets in both sides of the assemblies for now. If I need more, I can always drill another one. If that's still not enough, the locator holes are big enough for another magnet each!
So, I got on with the assembly of the flamethrower tubes. I couldn't wait! I have a ton of brass and aluminum tubes, so I was able to 'sleeve' most of these parts together for a very tight and straight fit. I just used a bunch of JB Weld for these metal part assemblies.
I really hope that the placement is correct. There's like zero reference material for this style of flamethrower. Tomorrow night, I'll be putting on the piano key bits onto the rear block of the flamethrower, and that should be it!