MOW Flight suit has arrived

MOW Flight suit has arrived

I just received my MOW flight suit and vest combo pack, along with spats and side pouches, and here I go dying the flight suit- Ill post pics as I progress through the weathering process, although I have to ask- weathering of the spats, side pouches and vest, are they white and just a little dirty, thats what they look like to me in all the ref pics, any help or pointers are more than appreciated, thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc01380-jpg   dsc01381-jpg   dsc01379-jpg  

dsc01382-jpg   dsc01383-jpg   dsc01384-jpg  

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Re: MOW Flight suit has arrived

Nice flight suit! Just tone down the blue more. Give it a couple more washes in warm water to get the excess dye out. I used the washing machine. Make sure your pouches go in with the suit so everything matches. Good luck!

Just washed it actually lol, its an awsome ROTJ light grey, I have it hanging up outside right now, Ill post some more pics when it drys.

Here we go, it started lightening up after I pulled it out of the dye bath and let it set, then after washing the excess dye out Ive got a wonderful ROTJ light grey, next will be the weathering, and I plan on using a few shades of brown/ yellowish dye to dirty it up again. Note the difference between the light grey suit and bright white vest. I am very happy with the turn out so far. Ill post more pics later in the week as I get time to weather the suit more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc01387-jpg   dsc01389-jpg   dsc01390-jpg  

And my initial weathering using BlackCatBone's technique of dye in a spray bottle, with a little misting of spray paint. Over all Im very pleased so far- I am keeping it a little light until I can piece the whole costume (or most of it anyway, Ive got a set of armor coming in the mail) and see how it all looks together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc01391-jpg   dsc01393-jpg   dsc01392-jpg  

Last edited by Armydad; Mar 29, 2012 at 1:27 PM.

From
    Orlando

Lookin' SWEET!!

From
    New England

Looks great!

BCB

Going with the grommet/ screw technique for mounting the armor, first fitting of the armor, going to trim a little off of the plates to ensure a good gap between plates. neck plate and back plate held together with screws right now, will make shoulder stud nuts for finished product. Other than my chest pushing on the plates a little more than expected, Im happy with the progress so far, next will be tweeking the plates and begin painting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc01394-jpg   dsc01395-jpg   dsc01396-jpg  

Very nice....can I ask where you got the suit. I need one.

From
    Boerne, Texas, United States
    Red5sixx, contact the member Man of War right here on the board if you are interested in acquiring one of his jumpsuit inquiries.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

The amor looks a bit to small overall for you, not sure which armor it is, but its not wrapping around your back at all and the front plates should extend farther out, its almost like the vest is to short possibly throwing off the position of the plates causing the visual effect that the front plates are to narrow on you. The collar looks to be choking you.

From
    Boerne, Texas, United States
    I think you're right F4R. The vest looks too short and the backplate also seems to be a tad too small.
    Last edited by Scott Kaufmann; Apr 10, 2012 at 1:00 AM.

Looks like it has similar bends to a backplate I've seen in person and if it's the same one that thing is very small.

Thanks for the input guys, Im still tweeking the fit of the armor so it sits correctly, your inputs have helped greatly, thanks!!

What color dye did you use on your flight suit? I need to pick some up.

To Raalvarezx: I used a brand that I found here in Italy where Im stationed. But from what I hear on the site is that RIT pearl greay is the dye most people choose, with some tweeking of the amounts used to get your desired effect. BlackCatBone's has a pretty good step by step here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/b...-recipe-44355/
    hope it helps.

From
    Fordingbridge, New Forest

On Ebay 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rit-jpg