Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Nov 26, 2013, 10:53 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #26

I second that!
    Nov 27, 2013, 2:06 AM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #27

Quote Man of War Studios said: View Post
    Hey Guys,

I think I found a good color for the cloak in combination with the existing stripe..share your thoughts..good or darker still?

Attachment 73161Attachment 73158Attachment 73160
    I used your images to do a color comparison:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-13.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	73169

I really like your 'original' stripe color (from the first post) as it is very close to the one in the ESB image, while the base color is pretty good, but needs a bit of darkening. Keep up the great work!

Quote Necronaut said: View Post
    I never realized that the cloak was attached to the jetpack hooks until now. Just to clarify, the corner of the cape attaches to the jetpack hooks somehow, and the shoulder attachment point on the cape is between the previous corner and the stripe?
    Look at this thread to see the approximated attachment point ==> ESB Cape Template and Measurements

Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    I dont think its attched to the jetpack hook, i think in that scene it is just caught under it, but in doing so, shows how much more of the cape is actually there on that side.
    All the images (that shows that area) have the end of the cape attached to the upper jetpack hook or the harness ring and I think it was done that way to ensure that the cape's end won't stick out (and possibly to avoid the migration of the cape to the front).
    Last edited by RafalFett; Nov 27, 2013 at 2:18 AM. Reason: Added response.
  3. Nov 27, 2013, 1:56 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #28

RF,

Thanks again for all your input on this I really appreciate it.

The original stripe color I'll keep but I agree with you I need to go ah bit darker on the cloak.

What are your thoughts on going for a size 32"x32" on the overall dimensions?

This extra length may allow the fabric to lay better between the Jetpack and backplate?

What are your thoughts?

best,
    Christian
  4. Nov 27, 2013, 5:37 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #29

Hey Guys,

Taking some advice from Fett4Real's comment about the blanket I began doing some research and discovered there's several weights of linen light-medium-heavy etc. I wasn't aware of this and clearly used a light weight linen for my sample. I found a medium weight linen that should give the cloak more weight and hopefully more movie accuracy. The color looks pretty good. Tell me what you think?

Views:	79 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	73182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	med-linen.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	73181

- - - Updated - - -

The colors together.

Views:	101 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	73185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	med-linen.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	73183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caramel TDH.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	73184
  5. Nov 27, 2013, 6:00 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #30

Lookin better and better bud!
    Nov 27, 2013, 6:46 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #31

That looks great.
    Nov 27, 2013, 7:01 PM - MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #32

Looking really good
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
  8. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Nov 28, 2013, 12:40 AM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #33

That looks really good!!
    Nov 28, 2013, 1:16 AM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #34

Quote Man of War Studios said: View Post
    RF,

Thanks again for all your input on this I really appreciate it.

The original stripe color I'll keep but I agree with you I need to go ah bit darker on the cloak.

What are your thoughts on going for a size 32"x32" on the overall dimensions?

This extra length may allow the fabric to lay better between the Jetpack and backplate?

What are your thoughts?

best,
    Christian
    Thanks for your confidence, Christian! The 32"x32" size for the cape is pretty good and the new color and material is also great. Keep up the awesome work!
    Nov 28, 2013, 4:25 AM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #35

Man that looks REALLY close Christian (dare I say almost dead on...to me anyway)! Nice find!
    Nov 28, 2013, 12:29 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #36

I'll want one for sure.
  12. Nov 28, 2013, 1:18 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #37

Quote bcurtis said: View Post
    I'll want one for sure.
    Likewise
    Nov 28, 2013, 2:19 PM - #38

Now I have to step up my game.....
    Quote Quote Posted from Android app
    Nov 29, 2013, 12:23 AM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #39

Last color scheme on the computer did look about perfect. Considering the weathering to come, it should be ideal. Not to borrow on Longhammers plea for MoW boots, but I'm in the same boat as him. CABoots just don't compare.......I cant even stand looking at them due to disappointment.
    Nov 29, 2013, 2:02 AM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #40

Quote syllander said: View Post
    Last color scheme on the computer did look about perfect. Considering the weathering to come, it should be ideal. Not to borrow on Longhammers plea for MoW boots, but I'm in the same boat as him. CABoots just don't compare.......I cant even stand looking at them due to disappointment.
    ^agreed. Love this thread, and I want to be on the list for one of these, but Christian, Boot run is beyond due! Love your work. Keep it up brother!

-Kevin
    Dec 1, 2013, 4:37 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #41

hmm, I would love to find out the real material... however, my money is on a found part... I think the ESB cape was a Korea war era wool blanket.

The stripe may have been screen printed on, but lots of those blankets had different color stripes (specially red) and if it sat in the sun for too long or something it would have gone an orange color.

Just my two cents.
    Dec 1, 2013, 5:25 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #42

That's interesting. *Removed Swiss army blanket link* (Thanks Woodman)

I started looking further and found this:

Name:	post-137-1170271621.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	73244

Check out the one on the top right. Apparently it is a US military blanket. The colors seem to be similar.
    Last edited by bcurtis; Dec 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM. Reason: new photo
    Dec 1, 2013, 7:44 PM - #43

There has been a discussion on the Swiss army blanket before.
    Quote Quote Posted from Android app
    Dec 1, 2013, 8:29 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #44

I know I have mentioned it before, and I bet I'm not the only one. I think its entirely possible, I mean ROTJ ended up being a Vietnam era half shelter. I think anymore talk about the wool cloak we should probably post in a separate thread.

I really like the idea of the screen printing and all of MoW's stuff is top notch.. perfect for trooping!
  20. Dec 3, 2013, 12:11 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #45

JimmyC and Bcurtis..great finds!

I've been looking at the wool blend fabrics as well. I think the wrinkle patterns match up as a very good possibility. I've ordered several lengths of both the heavier grade linen and a thin wool blend fabric. If it ends up being the wool blend its not gonna be cheap to make especially screen printed.

As for the next boot run I know it's been too long? I'm having difficulties with my manufacturer. They want double everything now! It's an enormous investment on top of my other gear.

I'm working these issues out as we speak and hope to have new boots in the New Year but nothing before then guys.

Keep you posted.
    Last edited by Man of War Studios; Dec 13, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Dec 3, 2013, 12:13 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #46

It all sounds great! And thanks for the boot update!

-Kevin
  22. Dec 12, 2013, 7:39 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #47

Hey Guys,

I'm in agreement with JimmyC.

I just received a good length of thin wool fabric which looks to be an excellent match for the ESB cloak. The weave looks tight enough to take a screen print without it looking fuzzy around the edges. I'm hopeful we can find the right color and get a razor sharp screen print. I'll have a new sample cloak to show you soon. Keep you posted.

Christian
    Dec 12, 2013, 8:01 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #48

I will be all over this. Thanks Christian!
  24. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Dec 12, 2013, 8:27 PM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #49

Waiting with great anticipation!!
    Apr 1, 2014, 7:34 AM - Re: MOW ESB Cloak "Screen Printed" Limited Edition #50

Any updates on this?