Mounts for the scopes

  1. #1
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Mounts for the scopes

    Hy ppl

    I have almost finished my ESB blaster and have gotten to the stage where i need to attach the scope to the body (my scope is a Tasco 4x20). Does anyone have templates for the attachment blocks (ie the blocks which attach to the barrel and have the square blocks on top for attaching the scope).

    Either templates or dimensions would be greatly appreciated)

    thanks

    Ronin

  2. #2

    Member Since
    Nov 2003
    From
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    458

    Re: Mounts for the scopes

    Check out this link http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...t=scope+blocks

    I found it searching scope blocks - there is a picture/schematic about halfway down by ob1kenny. Should do the trick...

    Loranar

  3. #3
    mrgr8ness's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Central Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,603

    Re: Mounts for the scopes

    What I did was cut 2 square pieces from a piece of PVC pipe. Then I glued the 2 pieces, one on top of the other with PVC glue. Then I kind of sanded them so all sides were flush. Sand down the top to make it flat, but keep the bottom curved so you can glue it to your barrel. Finally take a dremel with cut off wheel and cut 2 grooves for your scope rings to mount. I can post a pic if you need.

  4. #4
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: Mounts for the scopes

    mrgr8ness said:
    What I did was cut 2 square pieces from a piece of PVC pipe. Then I glued the 2 pieces, one on top of the other with PVC glue. Then I kind of sanded them so all sides were flush. Sand down the top to make it flat, but keep the bottom curved so you can glue it to your barrel. Finally take a dremel with cut off wheel and cut 2 grooves for your scope rings to mount. I can post a pic if you need.
    Can you pm the pics? it would be a great help

    thanks

    Ronin

  5. #5
    mrgr8ness's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Central Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,603

    Re: Mounts for the scopes

    Ronin, I will send pics. Need new batts for the camera

  6. #6
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: Mounts for the scopes

    Thanks buddy
    mrgr8ness said:
    Ronin, I will send pics. Need new batts for the camera

  7. #7
    mrgr8ness's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Central Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,603

    Re: Mounts for the scopes

    Ok here are some pics-



    2 small squares of PVC pipe. I had to use 3 squares for the front and 2 for the back, becuase the way my blaster is designed. Stacked and glued one on top of the other. I used PVC glue, it holds supertight. Dimensions really depend on the dimensions on the scope mounts. Once they are glued together, I sanded down the sides to make them flush(can't see the joint anymore) and sanded the top to make it flat. I left the bottom contoured so it sits real nice on the top of the blaster. Then I cut a groove down both sides for the scope mounts to slide on and tighten down. I cut the groove kind of "V" shaped.
    Final product-


  8. #8

    Re: Mounts for the scopes

    hi,
    can you post the pics again ? I have the same problem now,
    thanks for your help
    florian

  9. #9

    Re: Mounts for the scopes

    Bump, I still need the pics,
    thanks



    tk-2647

  10. #10
    mrgr8ness's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Central Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,603

    Re: Mounts for the scopes

    Sorry, missed this thread. I will have them back up this weekend

  11. #11
    mrgr8ness's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Central Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,603

    Re: Mounts for the scopes

    Back in business

  12. #12
    TK-2177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    From
    Pottstown, PA
    Posts
    381

    Re: Mounts for the scopes

    mrgr8ness said:
    Ok here are some pics-



    2 small squares of PVC pipe. I had to use 3 squares for the front and 2 for the back, becuase the way my blaster is designed. Stacked and glued one on top of the other. I used PVC glue, it holds supertight. Dimensions really depend on the dimensions on the scope mounts. Once they are glued together, I sanded down the sides to make them flush(can't see the joint anymore) and sanded the top to make it flat. I left the bottom contoured so it sits real nice on the top of the blaster. Then I cut a groove down both sides for the scope mounts to slide on and tighten down. I cut the groove kind of "V" shaped.
    Final product-

    Great stuff mrgr8! I have the final pieces I needed for my ESB EE-3 on the way, and I had started to figure out how to mount my scope. This is perfect!

    Thanks!!

  13. #13

    Re: Mounts for the scopes

    Thanks for your service !!!

    Greets from Germany,
    Florian
    TK2647

Similar Threads

  1. Confirmed: Webley and A.S.I. scopes are the same
    By volkerc in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2008, 8:40 AM
  2. Scratch built scopes?
    By Fettination in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct 16, 2007, 7:28 PM
  3. Blaster scopes
    By Noonro in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 23, 2006, 1:22 PM
  4. two kinds of scopes?
    By EVO3 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 26, 2004, 9:22 AM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •