"Mostly" finished ESB Boba

From
    Schenectady, NY

"Mostly" finished ESB Boba

Well, I took the ol' ESB out for it's first test drive today at a local, small, Sci-Fi / toy show. It was only myself and my buddy Pete, an awesome TD, so it was a pretty low key day. I was happy overall, but I have some bugs to work out. First, I'm TOO CHUBBY !! No problem, I just ordered my P90X the other day, so I'm going to give that a go when it arrives.

My hose came off of the gauntlet, easily fixable.

Gauntlets need some extra rare earth magnets to keep closed. Easy. Galactic G-string is missing for now.

Cod piece was ok but it's attached to my butt plate by elastic, and the butt plate wants to do it's own thing. I might go with snaps on the flightsuit and cod/butt.

More weathering, and some extra velcro here and there.

I also need to get a stronger servo for my RF, the low profile one is too wimpy for the stalk and topper, it won't lift them.

All in all a good day to work out the kinks before any major events.

My thanks to everyone here at TDH for their knowledge, skills, time, and craftsmanship, and mostly, the camaraderie.

I can't possibly list all those who made this possible, but here's to Art, Spidey, Taco, FettPride, Man of War Studios, Stormrider, Gabe, FettDad, Russrep, TerminalFettler, Ladysewforus ( Deb was the first to greet me back when I started : ) ) and Mark...... and all of the rest, thank you for doing what you do and sharing what you know.

Now to get tweaking.

Any comments or criticisms are welcome as always.

Timmer

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Timmer; Mar 22, 2010 at 4:46 AM.

Re: "Mostly" finished ESB Boba

absolutely awesome, brother! great Fett you got there...congrats!!

From
    Schenectady, NY

Thanks very much FettDad, BTW, the jetpack harness works great. I don't even feel the jetpack weight like I thought I would. My TD buddy has a rough time with his desert pack, but I don't even notice my JP, or the harness !

From
    Germany

Great ESB Fett Timmer! Congratulations! And yes, I own a FettDad JP Harness too and the JP is barely noticable when wearing! ;-)

From
    Murrieta CA

Awesome ESB you got there great work and the additions and improvements you mentioned should make it perfect.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Yeh looks good all in all...I didnt read through till after looking and was like I think the cods a little low...but yeh when thats not sagging down itll look even better