A more comfortable wear?

A more comfortable wear?

Hey gang, finished my second major troop in my ESB Fett yesterday and I've really noticed that after a few hours my back and shoulders are killing me from wearing the backpack. I've been trying to come up with better ways to add a little more comfort. Shoulder pads sewn onto the shoulders of the jumpsuit maybe? What are you guys doing?

Re: A more comfortable wear?

What's your set-up? I have the BobaMkaer harness and it's doing me fine, before that I just sewed the same kind of fasteners on my jumpsuit and riveted the other side onto the JP, and that never bothered me at all.

From
    Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462

I've been going for the "grin and bear it" method. I feel it ALL the next day. The only real solution is to lighten up the JetPack. I used a hollow vac-formed JP once, and it made all of the difference. It weighed like 4 pounds total. BUT, it is NOT nearly as realistic at ALL. The fiberglass versions are just SO much nicer as far as quality, and look. I switched to the BFUK harness recently, and that DID make a huge difference. The JetPack actually rides on the rails of the harness, rather than pull on the armor. Just my 2 cents....

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Booboo fett harness FTW look it up...I have one at home cant wait to use it. Ive rucked a few days at a time with 40-50 lbs and its all about distribution. You need to have something like the frame to distribute the weight...great idea no wonder the lucas guys used a similar method

Yeah I thought that the strap method that I came up worked pretty good for holding the weight of the fiberglass jetpack but after a while it hurts and gets uncomfortable. Most of the weight is sits on my shoulders from the straps pulling down with the weight. I go with the "grin and bear it" method as well...