I got a set of this to mess with and I was going to use it for a project that fell through. So I thought I would finish it up and see what it looked like.
It's a good replica but there are quite a few areas I want to fix.
I've made some minor changes to the chest plates to get them to ESB specs but some of the other modifications I want to do might be impossible. Specifically the backplate.
I wanted to change a huge amount about that and I went full speed ahead; but now that I have it all messed up I realized I can never change it as much as I want. So I will have to see what it looks like when I fix it up. But for now I am focused on the chest.
I tweaked all but one of the dents and I moved the one on the bottom of the belly plate over to where it should be for ESB. The 3 holes on the belly are in the final stages of being cleaned up.
I also reworked the center diamond a bit. It is seen here without the silver insert which I will be making next.
The lightslots are a hair bigger that they should be proportionally to try to accommodate Fettronics excellent chestlights. I believe the FP chestplates are a bit undersized but pretty close to where they should be. But when you are dealing with areas as precise as the chestlights every little percent matters.
Those 3 holes in the belly plate are getting finished tomorrow. I just have to sand a bit of filler down.
Weeks ago I filled in the hole indicators that were in the armor and drilled new holes in the correct place and orientation.
I will update this thread when I get to the other parts.