Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Got Maul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,581
    Dec 12, 2005, 8:40 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #26

    Quote Jango_Fett_Jr said:
    Why vote for changes, shouldn't they all be done rather than choosing which are most important?
    well, the truth is, whenever I ask anyone to upgrade anything, I always list things by priority as to what is most important to me. To ask for everything sometimes could a be a little much because of all the work involved- also, its a way of being considerate of your artisan's effort.

    If MLC could get everything, that would be great and all the more unbelievable on his part...but truth is, I think he will be able to get to a few things and I just want to be sure they are things that people all agree on so he could take that into consideration when making the upgrades.
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,738
    Dec 12, 2005, 11:42 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #27

    Got Maul, you're still intense dude! Your avatar belies your deep addiction to making some of the most accurate costumes known in the galaxy!
    (You're one of the people that makes this site so great man)!
  3. Got Maul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,581
    Dec 13, 2005, 1:26 AM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #28

    Quote MandalorFett said:
    Got Maul, you're still intense dude! Your avatar belies your deep addiction to making some of the most accurate costumes known in the galaxy!
    (You're one of the people that makes this site so great man)!
    dang bud, thanks ! From the OC no less, that's my backyard where I grew up...
  4. Gator Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    806
    Dec 13, 2005, 6:20 AM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #29

    Quote Got Maul said:
    if you or anyone follows this link :

    http://www.gotmaulkreations.com/gall...C-REVISIONS-05
    Got Maul,

    Nice idea. Thanks for putting it together.

    However, I did not see a vote for the vents on the bottom of the center tank. The vents on the current MLC run front to back, while the vents on the real pack run side to side. Can you add this comparison to you voting site?

    Gator
  5. Admin Staff webchief's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,704
    Dec 13, 2005, 9:14 AM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #30

    If I could chime in here... I don't own an MLC pack but from what I've seen about them the details are lacking on the thrusters... even on the proposed revisions. If anyone has seen the MB2 pack I think his resin parts are a HUGE upgrade to the MLC ones. If Mardon could come closer to MBs detail pieces I think he'd have the absolute perfect jet pack!
  6. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Dec 13, 2005, 9:59 AM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #31

    Quote webchief said:
    If I could chime in here... I don't own an MLC pack but from what I've seen about them the details are lacking on the thrusters... even on the proposed revisions. If anyone has seen the MB2 pack I think his resin parts are a HUGE upgrade to the MLC ones. If Mardon could come closer to MBs detail pieces I think he'd have the absolute perfect jet pack!
    I was just going to SAY that WEBCHIEF...
    As listed in GATOR FETTS Thread with Bobamaker parts..see the difference...
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=9741
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GatorPack03.jpg 
Views:	1269 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	7344  
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Dec 13, 2005 at 12:00 PM.
  7. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Dec 13, 2005, 12:00 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #32

    BTW Rex this is the last piece I need to complete my Fett.....SO count me in too bro...
  8. batninja's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,900
    Dec 13, 2005, 1:02 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #33

    Rex, will the beacon be hollow, for lighting purposes? Fiberglass or aluminum? I still haven't seen an accurate aluminum one since DeanO.
  9. Jango's kid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,517
    Dec 13, 2005, 1:59 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #34

    Thats a great bunch of comparison shots you put together there GM. One thing that always bothered me about the MLC, (other than the rocket & thrusters) is the overall shape of the backside of the pack, meaning... the side that has the attachment hooks with the big "hump". I dunno if this is being adressed yet or not, but don't see that particular area mentioned in GMs page. Anyway, the old MLC pack is very flat. You can see by some of GMs pics, that the whole backside of the original pack is kinda dish shaped...so it kinda conforms to your back a bit. Also, I'd like to see the "hump" be larger & thicker like the original. You can really see the difference in the side by side profile pics of the pack that GM has posted. Am I nuts, or has anyone else noticed this????
    Last edited by Jango's kid; Dec 13, 2005 at 2:10 PM.
  10. BobaFettSlave_1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,716
    Dec 13, 2005, 4:08 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #35

    Hey,

    I want you guys to see these pics. i knoticed afew things that are prolly common knolage but jusk incase i though you guys should know. the ESB pack seams to have a rocket base just like the ''old'' mlc pack but the ROTJ one is different. same with the sides of the ESB pack. they are a different shape than the ROTJ one. & asmost of you know the esb rocket has a rounder tip than the ROTJ one
    so.. if MLC is to make a ultimate dentedhelmet JP i think they will need to make 2 different versions, both ESB & ROTJ. just my 2 cents.


    >>>>edit. NM i was fooled. nwhat seamed to be different shape of the sides of the ESB was just the shadow of his cape. i dont know why i didnt knotice. but the rocket base still looks different between the two versions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	1226 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	7345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	016.jpg 
Views:	1228 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	7346   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boba4.jpg 
Views:	1209 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	7347  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	126267D49-0B37-4F07-C4DB1A8220091D84.jpg 
Views:	1239 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	7348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	126299D9A-9FD9-218A-8B2D50DF4AAAC54B.jpg 
Views:	1196 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	7349  
    Last edited by BobaFettSlave_1; Dec 13, 2005 at 5:53 PM.
  11. FettOfficer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    803
    Dec 13, 2005, 8:14 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #36

    ESB..MLC ...JP ..Will be great as well
  12. Got Maul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,581
    Dec 13, 2005, 8:21 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #37

    Quote Jango's kid said:
    Thats a great bunch of comparison shots you put together there GM. One thing that always bothered me about the MLC, (other than the rocket & thrusters) is the overall shape of the backside of the pack, meaning... the side that has the attachment hooks with the big "hump". I dunno if this is being adressed yet or not, but don't see that particular area mentioned in GMs page. Anyway, the old MLC pack is very flat. You can see by some of GMs pics, that the whole backside of the original pack is kinda dish shaped...so it kinda conforms to your back a bit. Also, I'd like to see the "hump" be larger & thicker like the original. You can really see the difference in the side by side profile pics of the pack that GM has posted. Am I nuts, or has anyone else noticed this????
    You are ON the money bro. I tried capturing that in some of my shots but I guess fell short, but I do know what HUMP you are talking about for sure !!

    SEEKER is going to be taking some other shots in the next couple of days guys...probably get exactly what you are guys are talking about and post them to the site. Thanks for the great feedback ! Hopefully MLC will consider some of these changes
  13. Bountys Hunted's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    2,354
    Dec 13, 2005, 8:52 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #38

    Awesome! There are some excellent revision proposals!! MLC has his work cut out for him! 8)

    The thruster detail is excellent, good job! Rocket accuracy is another area we are striving for.

    Overall bodyshape...MLC is wrestling with that now.

    As for the Beacon...Batninja, excellent thought on that. Making it possible to light it...would it need to be hollow, part clearish resin, part hollow fiberglass, etc? Hmmmm....

    We're trying to get this :jet pack revisions done soon, so we can gear up for the new year...with a :jet pack that will satisfy the most die-hard accuracy Fett Fan!!

    Man, it's going to be awesome. I can't wait.

    8)

    take care,

    -Rex
  14. SEEKER's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,368
    Dec 13, 2005, 9:08 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #39

    I'm glad your accepting request. Hopefully everything could be possible. we could finally have the best jet pack around. it is now, but we're always looking for accuracy.

    Turo
  15. Got Maul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,581
    Dec 13, 2005, 9:12 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #40

    Quote SEEKER said:
    I'm glad your accepting request. Hopefully everything could be possible. we could finally have the best jet pack around. it is now, but we're always looking for accuracy.

    Turo
    hey, its the tdh-
  16. batninja's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,900
    Dec 13, 2005, 9:40 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #41

    I found a good pic of the beacon; I know a few aluminum-workers make a 3-tier design, but the 'real deal' has four.

    Thanks to Brak's Buddy for the reference shot.

  17. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Dec 13, 2005, 9:45 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #42

    man, Now I have to get a new :jet pack
    I can't be seen with last years accessories, can I?

    Anybody want this old outdated pack? (joking, of course)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jetpack 083.JPG 
Views:	1198 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	7357  
    Last edited by slave1pilot; Dec 13, 2005 at 10:12 PM.
  18. SEEKER's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,368
    Dec 13, 2005, 10:19 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #43

    You could paint my new when i get it.
  19. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Dec 13, 2005, 10:28 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #44

    Quote SEEKER said:
    You could paint my new when i get it.
    If it would make you happy, sure.
    Now, if i "accidentally" ship my pack to you instead, you wouldn't hold it against me would you?
  20. SEEKER's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,368
    Dec 13, 2005, 10:39 PM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #45

    Quote slave1pilot said:
    If it would make you happy, sure.
    Now, if i "accidentally" ship my pack to you instead, you wouldn't hold it against me would you?
    That would be the best Christmas anyone could have.
  21. Got Maul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,581
    Dec 14, 2005, 12:55 AM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #46

    Quote SEEKER said:
    That would be the best Christmas anyone could have.
    Then you could give me the best christmas ever with YOUR pack !!
  22. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Dec 14, 2005, 1:12 AM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #47

    So, we are having a big Jet Pack trade-off for Christmas?
  23. Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    290
    Dec 14, 2005, 2:01 AM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #48

    Hey guys!
    My apologies for not visiting TDH lately as I'm involved with a lot of projects that its hard to go online to hang-out.
    Anyway, yes the old molds are showing its age & we're about to remold anew. Unfortunately, I only have a small window of opportunity to work on this, thus I would be electing Rex to gather some info, pics & other references to aid me in this endeavor in just 1 week. Due to the time constraints, if you have close-up pics of the actual jet pack - kindly send them to either me or Rex so I could expedite the work on it asap. I'm sorry for the rush, but its all the time I could invest on it before we mold it.
    My email: mlcallanta@yahoo.com

    Also, I would be trading off the first version 2 prototype - so check out the "Cargo Bay" in the next few weeks

    As always, thank you all for your kind consideration in helping us achieve a better product!

    Mardon (MLC)
  24. Got Maul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,581
    Dec 14, 2005, 11:32 AM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #49

    Quote slave1pilot said:
    So, we are having a big Jet Pack trade-off for Christmas?
    Amen to that !
  25. Got Maul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,581
    Dec 14, 2005, 11:39 AM - Re: MLC Jetpack retired...New one on way... #50

    Quote mlcallanta said:
    Hey guys!
    My apologies for not visiting TDH lately as I'm involved with a lot of projects that its hard to go online to hang-out.
    Anyway, yes the old molds are showing its age & we're about to remold anew. Unfortunately, I only have a small window of opportunity to work on this, thus I would be electing Rex to gather some info, pics & other references to aid me in this endeavor in just 1 week. Due to the time constraints, if you have close-up pics of the actual jet pack - kindly send them to either me or Rex so I could expedite the work on it asap. I'm sorry for the rush, but its all the time I could invest on it before we mold it.
    My email: mlcallanta@yahoo.com

    Also, I would be trading off the first version 2 prototype - so check out the "Cargo Bay" in the next few weeks

    As always, thank you all for your kind consideration in helping us achieve a better product!

    Mardon (MLC)
    folllow the link...great pics here: http://www.gotmaulkreations.com/gall...C-REVISIONS-05

    and more coming from SEEKER in the next couple of days...

    Also, please take your time with the revisions. I am not going to assume to speak for everyone here, but given your track record of dedication and service, I believe allowing time for you to TRULY accurize this thing is well worth waiting for- especially given the competitive circumstances , where accuracy has become a benchmark factor to even be in the game.

    In sum, please take your time, get it right and put out the most accurate pack out there.

Similar Threads

  1. Super Nerdy - Jet Pack or Jet Pack
    By Art Andrews in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Jun 18, 2009, 8:35 PM
  2. jet pack or jet pack ***updated 1/4/09***
    By berravecal in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Nov 30, 2008, 4:25 PM
  3. Starfortess Jet Pack VS Bobamaker Jet Pack
    By mandosoldier in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 19, 2008, 12:12 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 8, 2008, 2:17 AM
  5. Boba's ROTJ Jet Pack vs. Jango's Jet Pack Question
    By sammy1 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 20, 2007, 12:30 PM