Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jun 17, 2003, 10:47 AM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 3* New Pic #51

Looking great man! But I think your first barrel tip was closer to being correct (not so much of a taper going on). Here's a compilation from the guru, Brak's Buddy:

I'll dig for my drawings too.

EDIT...here was my initial take on what the tip would look like:

Like I mentioned in my email to you though, it's going to be tough to get the "definitive" barrel tip until we can find some better, more clear reference pics.

Again, you're doing a spectacular job!
  2. Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Jun 17, 2003, 11:20 AM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 3* New Pic #52

No worries, MP....I'll adjust it myself

Mardon
    Jun 17, 2003, 11:43 AM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 3* New Pic #53

Is this this just a project gun or is this going to complete the MLC Trifecta: JP/helmet/pistol?
  4. Member Since
    Mar 2003
    Jun 17, 2003, 12:03 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 3* New Pic #54

Yup! What MaxPlague said.

The nozzle size was closer before, but the tip needed a slight taper. I could have done a better job of explaining it I think. Sorry! More like this I guess:

I think what Max just posed it closer. To my eye the end has a slight taper though. I might be wrong. I say we put it to a vote? Or something.

As for the butt end, I think it should taper out more than just be like the butt is sitting on a squared piece. Like this, though maybe even a little more rounded still:

You're doing fantastic work Mardon, and I SO appreciate that you're amenable to the suggestions of anal fussbudget's like me.

Cheers!
    TJ
    Jun 17, 2003, 1:09 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 3* New Pic #55

Gotta love Macromedia Flash vector drawing eh TJ?

mlc....fantastic work buddy! Keep it goin!

Bobo
    Jun 17, 2003, 2:28 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 4* New Pic #56

Here's my latest 2 cents...Mardon sent another update pic which I've incorporated into my pic below:

You can see that the black and white pic of the screen-used sidearm shows more straight lines in the design of the barrel tip. Looking at color pics, you can almost see slight bevels on the edges (called out on my pic).

What do you all think? Does that strike a good balance between tapers/bevels and straight lines?
    Jun 17, 2003, 2:36 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 4* New Pic #57

I definitely like the length of the barrel much better on your illustration, Max. However, I don't think the tip of the barrel has that pronounced of a bevel. It seems to taper very slightly, if at all.

Jun 17, 2003, 2:47 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 4* New Pic #58

Yeah, you're right TD, I think I did over-pronounce it. Oooopsie !@#$!@#. I should fix it to avoid confusion...

EDIT...fixed the bevel on above pic. It should now say "maybe slight bevel" you may need to "super-refresh" if you've already seen the old pic to refresh your browser.
  9. Member Since
    Mar 2003
    Jun 17, 2003, 3:06 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 4* New Pic #59

One step forwards, two steps back, eh Mardon.

Upon further reflection it looks more like this to me now:

With an overall tapering towards the tip.

But since I've seen footage of bigfoot that was clearer than the available reference material, I'd be just as happy with what MaxPlague did.

Hmm. The beveled edges above make me wonder if this was some sort of a sink aerator.

Cheers!
    TJ
  10. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jun 17, 2003, 5:20 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 4* New Pic #60

Well, its official....Mardon is the man. That thing looks great!!!! Im definately interested if there is a run....
  11. Ego
    Jun 17, 2003, 5:33 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 4* New Pic #61

Not to be picky but . . . the back end of hte blaster still doesn't look right to me. Maybe it's just me, if it is, I'll be quiet now! But . . . almost looks too . . . stretched out.

If you could make the little knob thing that looks like a button a bit smaller . . . then almost take what you did and just "compress" it towards the front of the blaster.

Does that makes sense?

Jer
    Jun 17, 2003, 6:08 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 4* New Pic #62

The first update's back of the gun looked more on to me and just needed the back tip a little longer.I see what you mean Ego.

As far as the barrel goes I like "jeezcrazy"s take on it,only give that middle section in your pic "jeezcrazy" a larger diameter...just looks too skinny when looking at the ESB pics where the barrel goes back up into the holster.

Steve
  13. I helped at SDCC '08 journeymanprotector's Avatar
    Jun 17, 2003, 11:05 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 4* New Pic #63

Awesome work Mardon! It's only been a few days man, you're ripping this thing UP! lol...

I agree that the back end looks a little funny. It looks great compared to the marmit but I'm not sure about it's accuracy in some parts.

Just for conversation's sake here's a pic of my sidearm blaster. It's cast from an original bespin security guard's blaster with a fett replacement nozzle. It's definitely close to his and could be argued that it's roughly the same. Just for reference:

Keep up the awesome work Mardon!

Phil
    Jun 18, 2003, 11:13 AM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 5* Final? Pics #64

I think you nailed it Mardon! Any more changes could only be based on speculation and what "interpretations" people have on how it should look. I'd call it done Congratulations!
    Jun 18, 2003, 11:35 AM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 5* Final? Pics #65

I can't believe I missed this thread!!!1 Another Fett-tabulous piece of work there Mardon! It looks beautiful!
    Jun 18, 2003, 11:40 AM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 5* Final? Pics #66

Is there going to be a production run on this or is it a "I wonder if I can do it" deal?
  17. Member Since
    Mar 2003
    Jun 18, 2003, 11:45 AM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 5* Final? Pics #67

Done like dinner buddy!

Awesome, awesome looking piece and as close to "accurate" as I think we'll ever come barring some future revelation.

Now all we need is a holster.

Cheers!
    TJ
  18. Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Jun 18, 2003, 1:08 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 5* Final? Pics #68

Thanks again guys!

JW....I'll let Rex answer your question

TJ.....Oh yeah! I definitely have a feeling a holster should cap off this project nicely

Mardon
    Jun 18, 2003, 1:54 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 5* Final? Pics #69

I guess had I read more instead of drooling over your work, I could have answered my own queston.
    I definately want one!
    Jun 18, 2003, 4:29 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 5* Final? Pics #70

Ditto on it being done.Update 5 really finished it off.I still can't believe you did this in a weeks time

Steve
    Jun 18, 2003, 5:01 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster Sign-up List! **Pricing!** #71

Okay, it's a go! The MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster is going to happen! Here's the list of TDH'ers who expressed interest.
    Will have pricing just as soon as possible...

LMK if you DO NOT want to be on the list...

1) JeezyCreezy
    2)Ego *Pending*
    3)Malcfett
    4)Bobo
    5)Ruffkintoy
    6)Max Plague
    7)Seeker *PAID*
    8)Slowmo
    9)Nerf-Herder *PAID*
    10)Defiler *PAID*
    11)drvfett *PAID*
    12)DL 44 Blaster *PAID*
    13)Bobasfett *PAID*
    14)Jango_Wes *PAID*
    15)JasonFett
    16)Crisisfilms *PAID*
    17)Fettpride *PAID*
    18)Goro *PAID*
    19)Geoffett
    20)German Fett
    21)Jango's kid *PAID*
    22) Guido *Pending*
    23) Baddblood

It's been pretty crazy over here, trying to study to pass my Real Estate test, so PLEASE LMK if I missed anyone!!!

take care,

-Rex

*****Pricing*****

Okay, we have a price for this baby- $70 includes shipping in the US. For our Canadian buds, shipping can either be Global Priority, or regular post, your choice. LMK, and I'll go down to the Post Office on my day off, Monday and find out the pricing.

Mardon is ready to start blasting these out, so as soon as we can get payments to him, we can put as many as we can in one box and ship them out here, to save on shipping costs...

Money Orders or Western Union, neither of us can do PayPal...

PM me for my addy...

take care all, and many thanks to everyone who contributed to this sweeet piece, both in "tech support" and desire!

A couple of you guys liked it, but didn't say "I want one!", so I wasn't sure to put you on the list...

lmk, if you want one!!

And many thanks to Mardon for the astounding speed that he displayed in crafting this sidearm!

22. Member Since
    May 2002
    Jun 18, 2003, 11:53 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 5* Final Pics & SignUp List #72

I'd be interested in it... It's a great looking piece that's for sure.

Jun 19, 2003, 8:47 AM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 5* Pics Price & Sign-up List #73

Man that looks sweet!

If only RotJ Fett had one!

Nice work! and record time!

Si
  24. Member Since
    Jul 2002
    Jun 19, 2003, 9:17 PM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 5* Pics Price & Sign-up List #74

Wow! This is the first time in a week that I had a chance to look at the blaster forum and look at what I missed. I love the look of the blaster. Add me to that list!
    Jun 20, 2003, 1:13 AM - Re: MLC ESB Sidearm Blaster *UPDATE 5* Pics Price & Sign-up List #75

Just out of curiosity, when will we know a price?

Wes