Military surplus jumpsuit

From
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States

Military surplus jumpsuit

I have a question for all of you that have used military jumpsuits for ESB Boba Fett. I found three different colors at the military place near me: Black and the pockets are in the right place, it is for cold weather and would have to dye it some how. A blue one and a tan one that I would have to dye and modify the pockets. What color would work best and how could I get it dyed the right color for ESB Boba Fett?

Re: Military surplus jumpsuit

Well first you have to use RIT color remover to get the first color out. You may have to do it more than one time depending on how dark the color is. RIT will only remove so much before it stops working. You typically have to dry the fabric and then start over again with the remover.

From reading up on the dented helmet and talking to other costume builders:

The ESB jumpsuit is dyed a light medium blue-gray. Dharma Trading-Procion Dye was used to dye the original suites. Blue/Gray (PR38A) was used for the spats and boots as well. Royal Blue and Pearl Gray are two Rit Color dyes that create the best color for the ESB jumpsuit.
    But get more opinions than mine, I am still a noob

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Good luck trying to remove dye from them dont know if Ive ever heard anyone being able to get dye out of a military suit of any kind

From
    The miserable mill

buy a fett jumpsuit from someone. there are little to no store bought jumpsuits or flightsuits that will ever be close enough in color or detailing for it to be worth the time to modify. at the very least, grab a jumpsuit pattern from jo anns, walmart,etc. and get some fabric in the right color. it'd be easier to alter a pattern made from the correct color than modifying EVERYTHING from a store bought one