Thank you for your kind words!
Thank you for your kind words!
I installed white elastic band into the knee armor. They are just glued in with gel super glue. After that I weathered them with brown and black acryl paint.
...and managed to do some progress on the shoulder armor.
In reality the knee and right shoulder armor are more orange, than shown in the pictures.
you're on the right track sir!
Sent from my R2 unit using Tapatalk
Looking good..... I would say that the left shoulder still looks orange, as it should be yellow. Maybe that's just the pics......
Nice work man, you're doin real good.
Just a little, little, little update: I installed the 2 switches to the right gauntlet and did some test with the gauntlet hose connection to the jumpsuit.
I haven´t been lazy... only some side-projects going on...
Guess what it is...
Correct! The inside of my vest, starting to find the right positions of the magnets. I´m using N52 neodym 10x10x2mm magnets. The relation is 1 glued to the armor : 3 on the inside of the vest. So at the moment it´s 111 magnets only for the 4 chest pieces.
First of all I tried 1:1, but that was too loose and easy to pull apart.
1:2 was strong, but not strong enough (for me).
1:3 is perfect, the magnet area on the inside is still flat enough and you have to pull really hard on the armor before you can take it off the vest.
Before glueing (I´m still thinking about the best way to fix them on the vest material) I´ll have to cut out the area, where the chest display will sit, to hide the electronics and cable.
Wow! Clap. clap. CLaaAP! Great work! I'm loving this build and thanks for sharing this detailed build with the communitie. It's almost like a tutorial! I can't stress this enough, great job!!!!
The magnet-installation... was a succes!
I used hotglue to fix the magnets on the inside of the vest. From now on, it will be only hand-washing possible. It took me several hours, because each time before gluing the magnets, I checked the right position of the armor.
The edge of the armor sits now very flat on the vest, no space or gaps visible. It looks like a unit. I´m very happy with the result.
Now the time has come to take care of the chest electronics:
As cover for the lights behind the slots I use matt black car window foil. To attach it to the inside of the armor, strong tape is really helpful and in case I have to chabge something, I can just pull it apart. At the moment the cable shows on the front of the vest. To hide it, I´ll cut a small hole into the vest and put it through to the inside, where also the battery will be placed in a small pocket.
Did some work on the left gauntlet. It was time to fix the hoses for the flamethrower. I had some old white cable laying around. Cut in 3 pieces and coloured one red. As base 3 washers were used. Drilled the holes to the flamethrower backside. Put in the cable and fixed the 3 ends of the cable in the inside of the gauntlet with some gaffer tape. I will do some weathering, so the red hose won´t look that ugly painted anymore. It´s not perfect, but it will do it´s job.