Metal Boot spikes

  1. #1

    Metal Boot spikes

    Hi All,

    I've been working on some metal boot spikes recently for my CA Boots. Let me know what you think.

    I'm offering these through my website too so if you want a set give me a shout. I won't be able to get any out before Xmas as I'm backed up with Clone Trooper boots at the moment!

    I'd really appreciate your opinions though! They are just held on with double sided tape at he moment, but will be held in with screws.

    Cheers

    Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00159-jpg  

  2. #2
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    Those are freakin great Dan

    i can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that a set of those will be on my boots soon, even if i have to hide outside your place and mug you

    good work buddy


  3. #3

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    Ronin677 said: View Post
    Those are freakin great Dan

    i can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that a set of those will be on my boots soon, even if i have to hide outside your place and mug you

    good work buddy

    You trying give me a relapse?! It was this time of year I got mugged outside my house before!

    Don't worry buddy I have your pair just about ready to go. Just a bit more cleaning up, and all that's left to do is wrap them up with a pretty bow!

  4. #4
    I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,861

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    Hey I like those! They look real canon. Just outta curiosity, how did ya attach the spikes to the metal piece that attaches to the boot? Screws? Welding?

  5. #5
    I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    From
    California USA
    Posts
    2,738

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    I wasn't able to find them on your website mandalore697. Could you provide the link? Thanks.



  6. #6

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    MandalorFett said: View Post
    I wasn't able to find them on your website mandalore697. Could you provide the link? Thanks.



    Hey,

    I'm yet to update the website. It should be up in the next day or two.


    The plates are held onto the boots in this picture with some double sided tape, but only for the picture, The actual spikes are going to be held onto the boots via screws.

  7. #7
    I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,861

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    mandalore697 said: View Post
    The plates are held onto the boots in this picture with some double sided tape, but only for the picture, The actual spikes are going to be held onto the boots via screws.
    Smart move. I've seen and heard of the spikes coming off when they were welded on.

  8. #8
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    mandalore697 said: View Post
    You trying give me a relapse?! It was this time of year I got mugged outside my house before!

    Don't worry buddy I have your pair just about ready to go. Just a bit more cleaning up, and all that's left to do is wrap them up with a pretty bow!
    Jeez sorry mate i clean forgot about that soz

    seriously though those spikes are really looking good. Even better than your clones boots (if thats possible)

  9. #9

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    Ronin677 said: View Post
    Jeez sorry mate i clean forgot about that soz

    seriously though those spikes are really looking good. Even better than your clones boots (if thats possible)

    LOL! You're alright mate!

    Thanks for the compliments though. We need to arrange when I can get this to you this week buddy.

    Dan

  10. #10

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    Smart move. I've seen and heard of the spikes coming off when they were welded on.

    Sorry, totally mis-read the original question!

    The plate is going to be held in place by screws, but the spikes are attached to the plate with epoxy putty and 2 part epoxy. The two faces where the metal meets on the spikes and plate are roughened up first so that the putty and epoxy have something to grip to. They are very strong and I've tested the durability too.

  11. #11
    I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,861

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    mandalore697 said: View Post
    They are very strong and I've tested the durability too.
    Glad to hear you're testing them to make sure they will stay on.

  12. #12
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    Hey ppl. I now have a pair of these spikes and they are brilliant. I am going to be putting them on my boots this weekend and will take some photo's once done.

    I really can't stress how beautiful these spikes are. Thanks for these Dan and well done on producing such lovely pieces of work.

  13. #13

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    Ronin677 said: View Post
    Hey ppl. I now have a pair of these spikes and they are brilliant. I am going to be putting them on my boots this weekend and will take some photo's once done.

    I really can't stress how beautiful these spikes are. Thanks for these Dan and well done on producing such lovely pieces of work.

    :o
    Thanks mate! Glad you liked them. I'd love to see how they look once on your boots.

    Dan

  14. #14
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    These are my toe spikes from Dan. They are great, so much so they put my boots to shame
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture-jpg  

  15. #15

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    Thanks for posting these pics mate! I'm glad you like them and that they have worked out so well for you.

  16. #16
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: Metal Boot spikes

    mandalore697 said: View Post
    Thanks for posting these pics mate! I'm glad you like them and that they have worked out so well for you.
    thank you mate . these spikes are really great. i managed to fit them with absolutely no fuss what so ever, and they offered up to my boots perfectly. and as you can see they look fantastic

    once again cheers mate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boots-jpg  
    Last edited by Ronin677; Jan 5, 2007 at 2:40 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Boot Spikes HELP!
    By tk9950 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Apr 8, 2009, 9:41 AM
  2. ****METAL BOOT SPIKES HERE****
    By RussRep in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 10, 2008, 2:13 PM
  3. Boot Spikes Needed
    By Jho-Bho in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2007, 5:09 PM
  4. boot spikes
    By TK-1776 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun 7, 2004, 11:17 AM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •