Excellent job Matt!
Excellent job Matt!
Last edited by RafalFett; May 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Fixed attachment issues.
Excellent job !
Thanks guys. I found that the weight of the blaster had caused the arms to sag down a little, so I positioned them higher again. This seems to be a drawback to using a foam mannequin. Everything else about it works great, just the weight of the gauntlets and the blaster are a little problem.
Here's where I'm at with the flamethrower. I think it's coming along nicely and will have only cost me about $5 when I'm done. There's a whole lot of guesswork going on here. I can give some details on how I'm making it if anyone is interested.
Nice work, Matty! Are you using wood for all the block shapes?
Big thanks to Necronaut for kindly sending me some of his leftover flamethrower bits. What a great guy. These resin pieces are making my life easier, and for that I am very thankful.
Here's where I'm at tonight. I think I almost have this thing done. I'm working off of what I can make out in reference photos, not trying to emulate any of the kit flamethrowers.
Looking good so far, dude!
Amazing work MattyMatt, it’s been fun seeing your build come together.
Awesome craftsmanship here! Making me want to turn ESB
I just read this entire thread, and am blown away by the epic scratch builds and mods put into this display. You should get out and troop it sometime, and show off all your hard work!
I didn't think it was possible to make my gauntlets look THAT **** good! Great job my man, keep up the great work and keep those pics coming!
This is an epic suit Matt, great job.
Going to start work on the holster I got from Kcr7pr. This is going to need a lot of smoothing and filling. A lot.
I would like to cut the knife pocket off, but because of the way these are molded it's impossible. You would end up with just a big whole in the front of the holster. Not a big deal, just would have been cool to cut it off.
Oh, sorry Matt, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.
So I found an old pic of my helmet when I first started working on it. I'm not actually done yet, still need to install the calc board and the visor (just duct taped in). The rangefinder is just a big hunk of resin, but I tried to add some detail with led's and a hand shaped plexiglass lens. I'm also missing some details like the light green marks under the killstripes. This was all painted by eye, no templates or stencils. One of these days I'll fix some of the stuff that doesn't look quite right and finish it up.
It looks absolutely lovely.
helmet looks great! the detail is perfect!