Limerick, PA

Re: Matty's ESB Display Build Thread

22ssplt said: View Post
    Looking great matt
    Thanks brother.

From
    Pennsylvania

What did you use for filler on the sidearm? I'm going to start working on mine this week, so I need a few tips on how to finish it up.

From
    Maracay Venezuela

Hey you Matty you Boba fett is gret bro, congratulations, is a new reference to Boba builders....................

From
    Ireland

Very sharp finish with the tape you've used, like it a lot Matt

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

First, I want to say you are very talented. Very nice looking build.

If you pm me your address I will send you a trigger for the sidearm, I have one or two left from the modular builds I did.

Would you like a set of the new more accurate mounts for the EE3? I can send them when I send you a trigger.

And to answer a question for most people. The split is for a 'trigger lock' that goes in the sidearm. I had a split trigger version, but it had quite a few bubbles so I went back to the solid version as people found it easier to modify and because you don't typically see the split when the sidearm is holstered.

Is this the light version matt?

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Ohh, and another side note, that will make you cringe The little square tab on the side of the sidearm is the safety.... If you make it split trigger, that gets removed

I want to say, I would let you build my fett anytime. I'm envious.

From
    Limerick, PA

Thanks a lot guys!

JC- I used Devcon Metal Patch & Fill and Bondo Glazing & Spot putty. You could use anything like JB Weld, PC-7, etc. You'll want to fill, sand, and then lightly coat with primer. Any areas that need work will stick out like a sore thumb. Repeat until you're happy.

Stormrider- The trigger is already fixed and in place. No problem at all. Thanks for the offer, and more importantly thanks for making these kits available. Great kit at a great price. I was actually going to grind off those safety tabs, but I decided they didn't bother me, haha (and I really didn't think anyone would notice). But you're right, they shouldn't be there. I just wanted to cut the slot because that's an important detail to me. Thanks for the kind words.

From
    Limerick, PA

Well I've got the sidearm just about finished up. I wish there was actually some reference for this thing, but I did what I could. Lots of layers of grime on this. I think it has "the look" when sticking out of the holster.

As always, happy to answer any questions.

From
    Ireland

That sidearm is rockin!!!! really like the finish on the grip section, makes that texture it has pop!

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

The sidearm looks terrible. You should send it back to me, and I will give you another fresh out of the mold ? No? Please?

All kidding aside can I ask you what you are painting with? Your paint seems to go on really thin and clean.

From
    Limerick, PA

thebeans said: View Post
    That sidearm is rockin!!!! really like the finish on the grip section, makes that texture it has pop!
    Thanks!! I tried to highlight some of the detail of the gun with the weathering.

Stormrider said: View Post
    The sidearm looks terrible. You should send it back to me, and I will give you another fresh out of the mold ? No? Please?

All kidding aside can I ask you what you are painting with? Your paint seems to go on really thin and clean.
    Just rattlecans. Nothing special. Krylon for the red color, Zynolyte chrome for the metal parts. It's all in how you apply it really. Thanks Mike.

This project, from start to finish, looks totally awesome mate.

I just hope when I start doing mine I can get it somewhere close to this.

Looks like I have a lot of hours and skills to learn, ahead of me.

From
    Limerick, PA

kuwahero said: View Post
    This project, from start to finish, looks totally awesome mate.

I just hope when I start doing mine I can get it somewhere close to this.

Looks like I have a lot of hours and skills to learn, ahead of me.
    Thanks, and welcome! This place is a wealth of knowledge. You'll get up to speed in no time.

From
    Limerick, PA

Comparison shot. I think this is about as good as it's going to get for the money. I may play around with what belt it hangs on. The real one did not hang on the ammo belt. That I am sure of.

From
    Pennsylvania

I'm going to try to work on my sidearm tonight. What did you do to get the weathering so good?

From
    Galati, Romania

Matty Matt said: View Post
    Comparison shot. I think this is about as good as it's going to get for the money. I may play around with what belt it hangs on. The real one did not hang on the ammo belt. That I am sure of.
    Definitely not the ammo belt or the girth belt! I would say it's the jetpack frame's belt.

Your build looks better and better with every image you post! Keep up the great work!

From
    Geelong, Australia

I use a thin belt under my ammo belt for the pouches, could it have hung off that?

From
    Limerick, PA

Jc27 said: View Post
    I'm going to try to work on my sidearm tonight. What did you do to get the weathering so good?
    I used a few dirty washes to darken it and dirty it all up. Basically windex with a few drops of black acrylic paint mixed in. I apply this several times. The tip just has some black paint smeared on it.

Ausar said: View Post
    I use a thin belt under my ammo belt for the pouches, could it have hung off that?
    It's possible. There's really no way to tell what they did. The only thing we can see is that the loop seems to go underneath the ammo belt, not around it.

Raf - Thanks buddy

From
    Geelong, Australia

I am by no means an expert but I didn't think the harness belt went low enough and when you look at the back view of the dressing the super trooper and the back view of the ESB there's no bulging behind the ammo belt. And to have the pouches under the ammo belt pockets, looks like there should be another belt there. Maybe Raf can do a comparison of the two. I hope I've made sense

this is absolutely epic. great refrence pics on the EE3, just now starting to assemble mine from SR. such ridiculous detail and ingenuity on the whole build. great stuff matty. truly inspiring.

From
    Limerick, PA

I am by no means an expert but I didn't think the harness belt went low enough and when you look at the back view of the dressing the super trooper and the back view of the ESB there's no bulging behind the ammo belt. And to have the pouches under the ammo belt pockets, looks like there should be another belt there. Maybe Raf can do a comparison of the two. I hope I've made sense
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I think there probably is something hidden there, but we may never know. They could have simply put a longer loop on the holster and hung it on the JP harness.

jbdubz said: View Post
    this is absolutely epic. great refrence pics on the EE3, just now starting to assemble mine from SR. such ridiculous detail and ingenuity on the whole build. great stuff matty. truly inspiring.
    Thanks man. Don't hesitate to ask questions about your blaster. That's such a great kit. Good luck and have fun.

From
    Limerick, PA

Just got this in the mail. $8 shipped to my door. It's a Dacor, but you won't see me complaining.

From
    Galati, Romania

The harness belt was hidden under the ammo belt and the girth belt, and the right side was much lower positioned than the left side, which might be a sign that the sidearm holster was attached to the harness belt:

esb-belt-buckle-1-jpg esb-belt-buckle-2-jpg esb-belt-buckle-4-jpg

In some images the left side of the harness belt's position is too far up compared to the belt pouch (soft part) to indicate that it was attached to that belt, which means that the belt pouch was (possibly) attached with velcro to the inside of the ammo belt and its pouches:

esb-belt-buckle-3-jpg

From
    Geelong, Australia

Absolutely awesome Raf! Thanks for the pics and details, I slapped my head when I read "attached with Velcro", yeah of course!

From
    Limerick, PA

Ok, well I'm convinced. Raf once again comes through. Simply amazing. I'll be hanging my sidearm on the diver's belt. Fellow ESB guys, follow us and free yourselves from droopy ammo belts once and for all!!!

From
    Ohio

Thanks for the weathering tip on the sidearm.I had a chance to work on mine this weekend and it came out great.Keep the updates coming.
    Last edited by Newfett72; Dec 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM.