One more piece of the puzzle in place!
One more piece of the puzzle in place!
When that suit is done, you have to wear it at least a few times. It would be a crime not to show it off.
I decided to repaint the RF ear on Friday because I was never really happy with the color. I stopped by Lowe's and picked up some Valspar Sagebrush. Much, much better, don't you think?
It's the little things. :thumbsup
Looks Great Brother!
Thanks for the input guys. Here's the finished right ear along with some improvements to the RF itself. I think this color looks pretty nice if anyone needs a rattlecan color for this ear.
I love that you fixed the perspex block color too. Your work is amazing!
I decided to add a little more of a curvature to the ab plate. Will ships his stuff with a nice shape, but I thought it looked just a little flat on my dummy. A couple minutes heating it from the back with a hair dryer and gently bending it did the trick. No problems at all. I also padded the chest a little in the center to make the armor look a little more curved. A subtle difference for sure, but I've got nothing else to do until I get more parts.
I've also been trying to darken the cape. Mixed results on that. Stay tuned.
Wow, just wow. Your work is fantastic!
Thank you! Just a small but cool update. Got my lights from Fettronics installed. I went with Raf's 13 step sequence because I like the variety of characters that pop up. The whole setup is contained on the back of the chest plate, so all you have to do is reach your finger underneath to turn it on/off. I highly recommend ordering from Fettronics. :thumbsup
It was time to mod the beacon, so I went at it like a crazy man. I started by hollowing out the resin beacon with my dremel, using tiny files to make those vent slots. This was a pain, but it turned out ok. The beacon was pretty inaccurate to start with, so I had to stick with the three slot setup. I had a mini led flashlight laying around that I used for the light. I cut off the end with the led and fit it nice and snug into the beacon. I soldered the wires and ran them through the beacon into the jetpack where they attach to 3 AAA batteries. The light originally used some tiny watch batteries, but they weren't going to cut it. The AAA's made it much brighter. I painted the inside of the cap part silver and stuck some aluminum foil in the top to help the light reflect out. Some fresh paint and there you have it, a lighted beacon.
I think this turned out great for using stuff I had around the house.
Wow that is bright. Those little LEDs really put out some light. The ones I use in my Asok kit are the size of a grain of rice but will blind you if you look right at them.
Who made the RF? If one of my kits will fit it send me a pm, we can work something out.
Lol. You don't want to know how many times I burned myself making the TF kits. How did you attach the rf to the stalk? If you end up getting a different rf, let me know I will hook you up. A suit that looks that good needs a lit up rf.
I can't believe that is a hollowed out resin beacon! those little slots on my resin beacon have scared me for so long! as always brother, great work
- - - Updated - - -
"He's no good to me dead."
Just messing around with a red light in my basement. :D
That's pretty sweet man. I thought I saw someone on here that had a carbon chamber platform for sale. The pose you have is awesome!
Looking TOUGH Matt, excellent job on this so far, keep it up!
Nice work.....place a blue light over the Boba and it looks like the freezing chamber :)
You did a great job on modifying that beacon! Awesome costume in general, as well.
Looking better every time.
Thanks guys. I thought about building a carbon freeze stand but scrapped it. Maybe I should revisit that idea. Or maybe just some red and blue lights. Maybe a fog machine too. Yeah, now we're talkin'.
Fcuking excellent..... :-)