Manowar Rotj gauntlet progress pics

Manowar Rotj gauntlet progress pics

I've been in the midst of a bathroom remodel and veterinary issues, so my prop building has slowed a lot.

I'm coming out of the hole, and have started working on my new gauntlets!

This is them, right out of the box:

Filler / sanding was all done, so they were basically ready to rock. One thing I really liked was the use of caulking for the seam at the flame thrower, rather than putty/bondo. Stays flexible, and won't chip out over time.

As for mods, I removed the molded in dental expander and flame thrower buttons, to be replaced with other stuff that I have waiting.

I didn't take pics of the primer. We've all seen primer. Grey. Uninteresting.

Here they are, painted silver, shown next to my Ruffkintoys gauntlets for size comparison:

The liquid masking I did in bed at 3 in the morning, so no pics. I used latex masking fluid, and the MoM fett reference pics on this site.

Fast forward:

and a shot in direct sunlight to get a better feel for the true color:

I tried something new with the paint, and am really happy with it. Rustoleum America's Finest Claret Wine comes recommended in a lot of places. It's decent, but WAY too red.

It also covers like ****. It usually takes 3-4 coats for your stuff to not look pink.

Once I masked these, I painted them flat black, then misted layers of the Claret Wine satin over it until I got the look I wanted. The black base made SUCH a difference!

Still do do: switches and buttons, LED, closing mechanism (thinking magnets), padding and some hand painting, then weathering.

The rocket is either psberetta or russrep. I think the former, but I forget. Cast metal dental expander that I got from fettpride a while back. Real MQ-1 keypad. psberetta darts.

So far, so good! These gauntlets are geat! Totally worth the wait!

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

Re: Manowar Rotj gauntlet progress pics

looking pretty sweet. i'll have to remember caulk when i finally get around to getting my gauntlets.

From
    Saint Paul, MN

I have to say that those are looking pretty sweeet!!! I guess I did'nt realize just how nice the MOW gauntlets are. I missed out on that last run...really hope that FP gets back into the game

TK172 said: View Post
    I have to say that those are looking pretty sweeet!!! I guess I did'nt realize just how nice the MOW gauntlets are. I missed out on that last run...really hope that FP gets back into the game
    i think he posted about doing another one a few days back (unless that one is done now too)

they really are a thing of beauty.

tonight i got my switches installed, and did some touchup paint on the hinges. i painted them with the hinges open, so when i closed them there were a bunch of spots with no paint. i know they'll get scuffed over time, but no reason to start out bad

I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    From
    Phoenix, AZ

Very nice job, dude. And once again, ya get the item, and the next thing I know it's all painted up!

Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    Very nice job, dude. And once again, ya get the item, and the next thing I know it's all painted up!
    it was killing me that i had them for almost a week before i started working on them.

i'm trooping at hasbro on tuesday, so i wanted to have them all ready to go. probably the only thing that won't be done is the LED on the left arm... i don't think i'll have that wired up yet.

From
    Saint Paul, MN

Yah...I think that you might be right...MOW may still be taking orders for his gauntlets. With C4 just around the corner I have to watch my budget...but after that I really hope to pick up some gauntlets