Mannequin Support

From
    Dubuque, IA

Mannequin Support

I'm attempting to put up my Boba costume on a mannequin for display. I got it all on, but it is unstable. The support is one of those with the metal bar that inserts into the calf. No matter how I tighten it, though, it wants to tip over when I put the jetpack on. I am currently displaying him without his jetpack, but it just seems wrong!

Any recommendations to balance him out or reinforce the stand?

Thanks!

Re: Mannequin Support

If you can get to the legs, in a spot near the hips drill a hole large enough to pour in some sand or very small gravel. Just keep adding until it is bottom heavy enough not to tip over. Works like a charm!

From
    Ferndale, MI

I built my own mannequin using the duct tape method, and i am having this same problem. I don't have a stand, i was looking at getting one today, but if they don't even work, it seems pointless for me to get one. i really want my Fett standing where people can walk behind him and see the 6 months of working hanging off his back, lol

From
    Dubuque, IA

I'll give a shot to filling his legs. I definitely want people to be able to see all of him...you guys know how much work goes into these

Thanks for the suggestion!

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

I think filling the legs with something will be a great way to fix the problem great idea

I have the same mannequin and i had the same problem. The feet of a lot of mannequins are molded so that they are on 'tippy-toes'. I think that this makes putting shoes on and getting shoes off easier. I cut, shaped, and sanded a couple wedges from a piece of 2x4 to sit under the feet of the mannequin, to sit underneath the tippy-toed feet and create a flat foot profile. I slip them into the Fett boots, then slip the boots onto the feet.