Man of War gauntlets and jetpack

From
    San Diego, CA

Man of War gauntlets and jetpack

I purchased a set of Man of War gauntlets and jet pack. They are incredible looking. My problem is this:
    Does anybody have, or know where to find the tutorial to assemble both items?

From
    Adelaide AUSTRALIA

Re: Man of War gauntlets and jetpack

Why don't you ask MOW?

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Chris doesnt really have one posted any more...If theyre ESB theres a guy assembling them now putting up pics of how hes doing it...I just put together my ROTJ version If you need help with the Guantlets i could let you know whats up...dont have the MOW JP though...

From
    Northeast U.S.A

I think I'm the guy Fett 4 Real is talking about...

What exactly do you need help with?

There is some drilling of holes involved to place screws. I suggest that you make any holes on the gautlets a little bigger than the screws. This way you can reposition the flamethrower or missle if its not exactly centered. I used JB KWIK to keep the screws in place. I used GOOP glue to stick on the hinges. (its the best adhesive... just have to keep it clamped together a couple of hours) I did not use the clips Christian supplied to close the gauntlets. I used GOOP to secure 3 small magnets on the tops and bottoms of the gauntlets. This will make them easier to put on and take off myself. And the 3 magnets feel secure enough... if not I can always swap out for stronger ones.

I haven't worked on these in a week because my right gauntlet and two bottoms had a bad reaction to the paint (the baint was bad - it didn't spray but streamed out)... I was putting on the green layer and it all bubbled up... I used spray on paint remover to get the layers off. It left some pits in the gaunts but with a good sanding or two and a couple of coats of sandable primer (I plan to use auto primer) everything should be back to normal... and I can resume documenting my build... anyway... sorry to hijack your thread... just let me know if I can answer something for you! Good luck!

From
    San Diego, CA

Thank you. This is actually a lot of help for me

From
    USAF Utah

Ill take some pics of mine tomorrow for some help...Im adding the Evo darts and switches to complete the whole shabang

From
    Mount Joy PA

Brother Solo,

I am currently working on the MOW JP myself. I have just started and am a total noob. I would be happy to help in what ever way I can (Though it may be limited) I am learning as I go as well. Fell free to PM me with what ever questions you may have....And you are correct MOW's stuff is incredible looking....

Mike Bryant
    lawdawg 35

From
    USAF Utah

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...t=mow+gauntlet theres FettDad assembling ESB verion
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...t=mow+gauntlet and him using magnets for the closure