Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Mar 12, 2006, 6:26 PM - MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #1

I have a treat for everyone. Special thanks goes to Spideyfett for bringing over his Ruffkintoy and Fettpride gauntlets. Myself, BATNINJA and Spidey decided to get togther and do some comparisons for all of you. This is a small preview of what we will have to offer this Saturday at ALL CON.

comparison pics of MAN of WAR Gauntlets, Ruffkintoy and Fettpride.

MAN of WAR LEFT

RUFFKIN middle

FETTPRIDE right
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2393.JPG 
Views:	1857 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	9037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2398.JPG 
Views:	1612 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	9038  
    Mar 12, 2006, 6:41 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #2

Wow the MoF Gauntlets look like monsterous compared to the other two. I wonder based on the dimentions of the calculator pad which pair are closest to scale?
  3. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Mar 12, 2006, 7:08 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #3

Quote MARROW SUN said:
    Wow the MoF Gauntlets look like monsterous compared to the other two. I wonder based on the dimentions of the calculator pad which pair are closest to scale?
    Yeah it was pretty amazing to see the SIZE difference between the three..

Great PICS DM
  4. cookiemongoloid is offline cookiemongoloid
    Mar 12, 2006, 7:11 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #4

Makes me wish i had FP gauntlets instead of Ruffkin. I LOVE Ruffkin, but they look big on me, being that I am indeed small.
    Mar 12, 2006, 7:21 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #5

Wow, what a difference.. My arms are just barely long enough to bend with my Ruffkins on.. I'd have to chop thos MoW's in half.. BM mentioned to me awhile back he was either considering or planning on doing gauntlets also.. It'll be interesting to see where his will fit in the lineup.. great comparison pics..
    Mar 12, 2006, 7:52 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #6

I have Ruffkins but it's looking like the FP would be the better fit for me.
    Mar 12, 2006, 7:57 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #7

Damn those MoW are HUGE!
  8. Mar 12, 2006, 8:02 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #8

Hey Guys..

Interesting post...In the past I had to make my gauntlets larger to accomodate everyone's proportions...

Timing is odd though, Tomorrow will be posting photos of my new designed ESB gauntlets which are movie accurate in scale.. strictly thin limbs only like myself !

RoTJ's are in the works...

Hope this helps

Christian
    Man of War Studios
    Mar 12, 2006, 8:06 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #9

Dude I have your ROTJ and they rock
  10. Mar 12, 2006, 8:14 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #10

Hey...I appreciate that...if that shout was to me !? LOL !

5 or so years ago when I started making these puppies for collectors there wasn't much out there to choose from...most guys just wanted something that was fairly accurate, anything really. Now it's completely different, Lots of talented people out there making gear..To stay in the game you gottah make more authentic looking props..I have to always look for ways to stay competitive and keep it fun, reason why I made new ESB's

Christian
    Mar 12, 2006, 8:20 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #11

YEAH SORRY IT WAS FOR YOU
    Mar 12, 2006, 9:34 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #12

Wow, very cool side by side comparison shots. Thanks for arrainging this guys. It's nice to see em stacked up side by side to see how they compare.

Each a legend in its own right
  13. Mar 12, 2006, 10:51 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #13

Well, I have a set of Christian's (Man of War) ESB Gauntlets and I love em'! Since I received them right before C3, I've done some upgrading by adding working LED's off the metal radio shack toggle switches, and all the machined Aluminum stuff from Russ Rep. But I have to say thank GOD! for the size of MOW's Gauntlets, I'm 6'0 / 195 lbs. and by no means am I huge or fat, but if his gauntlets were any smaller, they wouldn't fit around my forearms! In the end though they look in portion to the rest of my suit and are a great option for guys that are a bigger and or taller.
    Mar 13, 2006, 8:44 AM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #14

YES. I have to agree with GBH....for anyone doing FETT who is 6ft and up MOW gauntlets and JETPACK are the way to go!!!!!
    Mar 13, 2006, 10:55 AM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #15

First MoW set looks AWESOME !!! What are they made of ? FG ?

I own a set of Ruffkins and I have to say they fit PERFECT for me. Only thing I have to do something about, the Flamethrower G is pretty tight around the wrist, almost at the point where it starts to hurt. Have to wait for some gloves and check how they fit with them.
    Mar 17, 2006, 11:05 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #16

yes the are made of fiberglass

Quote Real Scooby said:
    First MoW set looks AWESOME !!! What are they made of ? FG ?

I own a set of Ruffkins and I have to say they fit PERFECT for me. Only thing I have to do something about, the Flamethrower G is pretty tight around the wrist, almost at the point where it starts to hurt. Have to wait for some gloves and check how they fit with them.
    Jun 11, 2006, 10:47 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #17

I love my MOW gauntlets, they are awesome!
  18. Jun 12, 2006, 8:28 AM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #18

Thanks guys,

I no longer offer that larger version gauntlet..My ESB's and Jango versions are much smaller and more movie accurate. I'm hoping to get my new RoTJ version gauntlets up in July

Hope this helps,
    Jun 12, 2006, 1:11 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #19

The thing those MOWs have going for them is definitely the sharpness. All of the edges come right to a point.

However, for my size, I think the FP would be best. The only thing I notice about them is that, compared to the others, the flamethrower on the left gaunt is angled in a lot more. Can anybody with the FP gauntlets comment on this?
    Jun 12, 2006, 1:20 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #20

Quote Man of War Studios said:
    I'm hoping to get my new RoTJ version gauntlets up in July
    i love you man! if they look as good as those jangos and ESBs, i'll be the first one sending you the $$$

i've got an mq-1 pad and aluminum rocket just DYING to go on something!
    Jun 18, 2006, 4:13 AM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #21

Anyone with that info on the FP gauntlets?

Also, can anyone comment on which is most accurate to the screen-used in size (if anyone knows, that is)? While the Ruffkin gauntlets seem similar in size to the FP, just look at the size difference on the missiles for all three!
    Jun 18, 2006, 5:23 AM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #22

Heya guys and gals

I really wanted to avoid chiming in on this thread, but since this seems to have become a definitive Q&A thread, I figured it might be time to re-establish a few facts. The following is meant to be informative, nothing more. If it comes across arrogant, it is absolutely not intended. But I do feel as if though I should be able to set the record straight, since I'm being talked about (as are other respected artist's as well) like we're not members of the board and don't see these types of post's on a day to day basis This kind of thread will eventually draw things like this. But again, the following is meant to be "informative", based on "fact". Nothing more. As hard as I've worked on these projects over 4 + years, I feel I have the right to discuss it

FP Gauntlets, are the "Original" Movie Sized Guantlets. Just as FP Armor is the "Original" Movie Sized Armor. I say "Movie Sized" because they were the first to be designed based on measurements and calculations from exhibits and found components, as well as various "other" sources. They were compared directly to the AOSW Fett exhibit by one of our very own "original" members here when the exhibit was in Australia, and are in "fact" , "Move Sized" within a tolerance of +/- an infinitesimal percentile. Based on "New" information recently with the acquisition of some of the real ILM made Jango components (left gauntlet rocket which originated from OT "Boba") it appears that my gauntlets could be oversized by an infinitesimal percentile. But absolutely not "Undersized" by any means. They are in fact "Movie Sized". There have been many, that overestimate the size of these components a great deal. Things are not as "Large" as they may appear on screen. Does this mean they are "Right" for everyone? Absolutely NOT. They are as accurate in production size as one can get, but they will NOT fit everyone. For those larger Fett's out there, other options may have to be considered. There are a lot of talented artist's out there these days, and some of our very own right here in this very thread.

Here are the original introduction threads to TDH before the facelift you know today. Pay closest attention the comparison pictures that are posted. It may shed some light on a few gray areas that members may have been confused about for a VERY long time. Such as sharp detail. For the record, the right gauntlet is NOT supposed to have extremely sharp detail, as I'm sure will be quite evident when you see he pictures.

http://www.fparmor.com/Part Threads/...met Forums.htm

http://www.fparmor.com/Part Threads/...met Forums.htm

My apologies in advance if this posting may have upset anyone. It was not intended. But as I also said already, as hard as we "The Artists" work on these things, we do have the right to discuss fact when warranted. And although it's been a long tradition to discuss and compare armor here, you have to stand in the shoes of the maker for a moment when we're being discussed like we're not here ... it's uncomfortable. This will be the first time I've had to do this, and I'm not lovin it I hope this clears a few things up.

Thanks Folks,

FP
    Last edited by fettpride; Jun 18, 2006 at 5:46 AM.
  23. formerly Sgt. Skirata Huntman's Avatar
    Jun 18, 2006, 11:03 AM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #23

Origional is ok...But Iam not movie sized. I am Much bigger. I lift weights and do martial arts. This means I would need bigger guantlets other wize I look really off ( small waist big shoulders and teeny arms, with the helmet make me look like) like an ESB bobblehead fett. MOW are you sure youre not making the bigger versions? I am waiting for a different set but am having truble with delivery and feel the sale may fall through. If so I will need guantlets. This is the last item I need for my first draft ESB fett.
    Jun 18, 2006, 4:36 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #24

FP, and other artists (for that is truly what you all are), I hope I didn't spur any animosity or anything. It was certainly not my intent.

And, FP, even if you're not being arrogant, I should say that at this point, if you were, you would certainly have earned that right.

All of the pieces are gorgeous, from all of the artists mentioned, and I didn't really mean to imply that any one set was better in any way than the others.

That said, thank you FP for your informative post, and indeed to
    Jun 18, 2006, 4:36 PM - Re: MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gaunts comparison pics #25

Sorry, double post.