Subscribe
  1. DarthMiller's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,194
    Oct 6, 2005, 11:25 PM - Man of War Armor WOW!! #1

    UPDATED 11-18-2005

    I got home today and had a little surprise waiting for me.....my MAN of WAR Jet Pack came in. So here are some new pics of my 95% complete fett.

    I also updated my belt with a Pavespawn leather belt!!



    I am so excited about my almost completed Fett!! I got home today and found a large package waiting for me. It was from Christian AKA Man of War. I ordered a the following from him.

    chest and shoulder armor
    back armor
    knee armor
    gauntlets
    vest
    chest display
    cod
    jet pack (not finished yet)

    Everything was made and PAINTED by MOW

    The helmet pictured is my MARROW SUN painted helmet.

    Here are some early pics on my mannequin. I am not finished yet.

    I will update as I make more progress....enjoy

    I WANTED TO SAY TO CHRISTIAN...THANKS MAN YOU ARE TRULY INCREDIBLE AT WHAT YOU DO AND I AM HONORED TO HAVE YOUR STUFF..IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1946.JPG 
Views:	492 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	6956   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1947.JPG 
Views:	494 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	6957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1948.JPG 
Views:	501 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	6958  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1949.JPG 
Views:	498 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	6959   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1950.JPG 
Views:	494 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	6960  
    Last edited by DarthMiller; Nov 18, 2005 at 3:41 PM.
  2. Oct 7, 2005, 5:16 AM - Re: Man of War Armor #2

    Did you break into the Lucasfilms archive and steal the original costume or something, that costume rocks!

    The painting and weathering is awesome, sure looks like he's captured a few bounties in his time.

    Are the armor pieces fibreglass? Looks like it has a nice weight to it.

    Keep us updated.
  3. Christo Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Posts
    250
    Oct 7, 2005, 8:33 AM - Re: Man of War Armor #3

    Wow
  4. DarthMiller's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,194
    Oct 7, 2005, 8:33 AM - Re: Man of War Armor #4

    Quote welsh_bounty_hunter said:
    Did you break into the Lucasfilms archive and steal the original costume or something, that costume rocks!

    The painting and weathering is awesome, sure looks like he's captured a few bounties in his time.

    Are the armor pieces fibreglass? Looks like it has a nice weight to it.

    Keep us updated.
    yes everything is made of fiberglass...it weighs nothing.
  5. Admin Staff webchief's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,703
    Oct 7, 2005, 8:37 AM - Re: Man of War Armor #5

    The armor is fiberglass? Has a different shape to it than I've seen elsewhere... is it a unique sculpt?
  6. DL44 Blaster's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,935
    Oct 7, 2005, 12:07 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #6

    Looks FANTASTIC!! Did you have to provide your own vest material? It looks like the run that Boba Fettish has done of original material.

    Steve
  7. HeadlessHunter's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,584
    Oct 7, 2005, 1:04 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #7

    Man, Christians work never fails to impress me, great collection you got there!!!
  8. RBF's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,173
    Oct 7, 2005, 1:27 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #8

    nice suit!

    my compliments to the ones who made it
  9. Oct 7, 2005, 3:05 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #9

    Thanks DM for the op and your trust...your good people

    Just wanted to tip my hat off to "Shack Man" who crafted the amazing chest display and "Ely" for his beautiful shoulder decal..Both great guys who's work we're all familiar with...Makes my job a lot easier..Thanks guys !

    Christian
    Man of War Studios
  10. DarthMiller's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,194
    Oct 7, 2005, 3:20 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #10

    Quote webchief said:
    The armor is fiberglass? Has a different shape to it than I've seen elsewhere... is it a unique sculpt?
    Its MOW's own sculpt and Paintjob.
  11. DarthMiller's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,194
    Oct 7, 2005, 3:20 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #11

    Quote DL44 Blaster said:
    Looks FANTASTIC!! Did you have to provide your own vest material? It looks like the run that Boba Fettish has done of original material.

    Steve
    MOW provided the material. Its all him. I really think he works for Lucasfilm and he just has not told any of us...LOL
  12. Fosterkeri's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    122
    Oct 8, 2005, 9:04 AM - Re: Man of War Armor #12

    Hey DM nice armor!!! I also own a whole MoW set (ESB) and his work is incredible! He really has an "eye" for this stuff and the craftsmanship and durability of his work speaks for itself. If you have the creds and don't mind waiting a bit...Christian is definately the guy to go with. Can't say enough about him or his product . The pics I've included are a sample of MoW's stuff!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smaller.jpg 
Views:	627 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	5957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smaller2.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	5958   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smaller3.jpg 
Views:	611 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	5959  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smaller6.jpg 
Views:	621 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	5960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smaller5.jpg 
Views:	625 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	5961  
  13. DarthMiller's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,194
    Oct 8, 2005, 9:43 AM - Re: Man of War Armor #13

    Quote Fosterkeri said:
    Hey DM nice armor!!! I also own a whole MoW set (ESB) and his work is incredible! He really has an "eye" for this stuff and the craftsmanship and durability of his work speaks for itself. If you have the creds and don't mind waiting a bit...Christian is definately the guy to go with. Can't say enough about him or his product . The pics I've included are a sample of MoW's stuff!
    Fosterkeri..if you remember you were on of the guys on this board that recommended MOW to me. I just wanted to thank you for your great reference!!
  14. Fosterkeri's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    122
    Oct 8, 2005, 12:46 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #14

    Yes I remember...hehe! Glad you chose MoW...Christian stands by all his work! If anyone else needs a reference or pics let me know. Hope you enjoy your armor DM!
  15. Got Maul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,581
    Oct 8, 2005, 7:24 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #15

    for a second I thought we were having a communist china revival ! great job Christian, I couldn't personally make AND paint for anyone but that's what sets you apart. Great job brutha man !
  16. DarthMiller's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,194
    Oct 8, 2005, 8:20 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #16

    Quote Got Maul said:
    for a second I thought we were having a communist china revival ! great job Christian, I couldn't personally make AND paint for anyone but that's what sets you apart. Great job brutha man !
    you are so right...what makes Christian so great is that he makes his own armor from his own sculpts and he has the painting talent to back that up. He is one of the very few that can do both.
  17. DarthMiller's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,194
    Nov 18, 2005, 3:44 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #17

    I updated my pictures and I am almost finshed with my Fett. I am going to modify my mannequin when I get a blaster and have the mannequin holding the blaster.

    All I need now is a ROTJ blaster. If any one has a good contact let me know. I am thinking about going with MLC.
  18. Member Since
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    458
    Nov 18, 2005, 3:54 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #18

    Quote DarthMiller said:
    I updated my pictures and I am almost finshed with my Fett. I am going to modify my mannequin when I get a blaster and have the mannequin holding the blaster.

    All I need now is a ROTJ blaster. If any one has a good contact let me know. I am thinking about going with MLC.
    I Suggest the MLC - it is awesome and easy to work on - not to mention how light it is!

    Good looking display - very impresive!

    Loranar
  19. T-Bone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    965
    Nov 18, 2005, 8:37 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #19

    Kinda looks like Fett is doing the "robot"...

    Nice looking suit though!
  20. Fettist's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    133
    Nov 19, 2005, 12:35 AM - Re: Man of War Armor #20

    Thats what I am shooting for! One day, one day...
  21. cookiemongoloid is offline cookiemongoloid
    Nov 19, 2005, 1:12 AM - Re: Man of War Armor #21

    Where is Man of Wars website?
  22. DarthMiller's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,194
    Nov 19, 2005, 8:53 AM - Re: Man of War Armor #22

    Quote cookiemongoloid said:
    Where is Man of Wars website?
    no website..he is just a member on the boards...pm him if you want info
  23. FettOfficer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    803
    Nov 19, 2005, 2:04 PM - Re: Man of War Armor #23

    Fantastic job! It looks awesome.....thanks for sharing it with
    us.