Well, once again, before I even complete my costume, I get unhappy with pieces and go making new ones. My first pair of gloves turned out ok, but I was never quite happy with them. I used the poly fiber batton pieces instead of the loose stuff, made the finger back pieces a little smaller than I liked, then I weathered them way too much. Here was version 1-
Not bad gloves, but not quite what I wanted after spending more time here, looking at reference pics, and learning.
So this past weekend I started on version 2. Crazy4BobaFett (Christi) was kind enough to provide me some tackle twill scraps a while back, so I used them to make the patches. All patches are hand sewn, then stuffed with poly fiber (old pillow I tore open). Got the left glove done, minus weathering. Gloves are tedious and time consuming. People that make and sell gloves, earn every penny that they charge, believe it. Anyways here is version 2 so far-