Making a New Boba Fett Armor

  1. #1
    cucblack's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.
    Posts
    29

    Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    Hi Guys,

    I'm making a new complete Boba Fett armor. I'm improvement and change size, shape, form, details, etc. of my recently armor.

    For reference I'm using pictures from the movie and the SW exhibition found in TDH.

    I will post pics with the advance. Any comments or help WELCOME!!!

    Christian.

    Chest & Collar Armor



    Shoulders Armor




    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bf-shoulders-jpg   bf-chest-jpg  

  2. #2
    RafalFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    Galati, Romania
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    It looks good so far! But...
    I know you used Alan's amazing templates, but his armor parts has rough forms to allow tweaking and cutting. All the corners should be rounded and some cuts can be made to achieve a more accurate look:

    bf-20chest-jpg boba-fett-promotional-armor-2-06-png

    I think you could bend more the shoulder bell because it looks too flat.

  3. #3
    Dudesir's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    Kentucky and/or Tennessee
    Posts
    50

    Re: Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    What material are you using for the armor?

  4. #4
    cucblack's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.
    Posts
    29

    Re: Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    Hi,

    Sorry my ignorance, but I don't know Alan and his templates. This picture looks good.
    I have my own templates based in the movie pics and some pics from the SW exhibition.
    These armors are not ready. Once time it will be finished; I'll rounded the corners and I'll give the used style.

    For the shoulder shape, I used this pic reference:



    Thanks for your help and comments!!!

    RafalFett said: View Post
    It looks good so far! But...
    I know you used Alan's amazing templates, but his armor parts has rough forms to allow tweaking and cutting. All the corners should be rounded and some cuts can be made to achieve a more accurate look:

    bf-20chest-jpg boba-fett-promotional-armor-2-06-png

    I think you could bend more the shoulder bell because it looks too flat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bf-shoulders-jpg  
    Last edited by cucblack; Nov 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM.

  5. #5
    cucblack's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.
    Posts
    29

    Re: Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    Fiberglass

  6. #6
    RafalFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    Galati, Romania
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    cucblack said: View Post
    Hi,

    Sorry my ignorance, but I don't know Alan and his templates.

    Thanks for your help and comments!!!
    Alan is wizardofflight (or WOF) but I checked out (my mistake) and these templates are not based on his work (not that would be a bad thing). If I may suggest, you can use the new reference images of the ESB promo suit from the Blu-Ray extra, wich has all sides covered with good details ==> ESB Promotional Armor From Blu-Ray Extra

    And here is an image which shows the shoulder bell's curvature and the attachment method:

    boba-fett-costume-mom-121601a-099-jpg

    Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by RafalFett; Nov 18, 2011 at 1:31 AM. Reason: Added shoulder bell image.

  7. #7
    locitus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    From
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    739

    Re: Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    Is the shoulder bell attached with snaps? It looks like it is, RatalFett.

  8. #8
    Orl's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2011
    From
    Canary Islands
    Posts
    82

    Re: Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    Not that I'm an expert but it look good, but as you say are not finish.
    I have a complete set him and the finished paint job, and these look good

  9. #9

    Re: Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    Nice work there Cucblack!

    I'm currently building some new supertrooper armor smooth and clean of all dents. Private use only!

    I read your going for a fiberglass armor...I'm using an epoxy fiberglass for my set.

    Here's a general question for everyone...

    "What is the preferred material for Boba armor"??

    Styrene..fiberglass??

    Christian

  10. #10
    clonecollector's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    From
    Northeast U.S.A
    Posts
    1,591

    Re: Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    Man of War Studios said: View Post
    Nice work there Cucblack!

    I'm currently building some new supertrooper armor smooth and clean of all dents. Private use only!

    I read your going for a fiberglass armor...I'm using an epoxy fiberglass for my set.

    Here's a general question for everyone...

    "What is the preferred material for Boba armor"??

    Styrene..fiberglass??

    Christian
    I have a fiberglass helmet and I really like the feel of it. They say ABS is more flexible though... maybe for the armor parts it needs to be a bit more accomodating. I think Bobamaker makes his armor out of fiberglass. Maybe someone with BM armor can answer better.

  11. #11
    locitus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    From
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    739

    Re: Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    BM is fiberglass and lots of gelcoat. Really thick and sturdy. Helmet is also fiberglass.

  12. #12
    cucblack's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.
    Posts
    29

    Re: Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    Man of War Studios said: View Post
    Nice work there Cucblack!

    I'm currently building some new supertrooper armor smooth and clean of all dents. Private use only!

    I read your going for a fiberglass armor...I'm using an epoxy fiberglass for my set.

    Here's a general question for everyone...

    "What is the preferred material for Boba armor"??

    Styrene..fiberglass??

    Christian
    Thanks!!!

    Personally I prefer fiberglass: Looks great, you can make a lot of modifications with this material and the finish is excellent. The Bad thing: it is a little uncomfortable and rigid.
    Actually I'm using different materials for reducing the weight and increase the elasticity considerably.

    I think for statics exhibitions, the best way is fiberglass or similar. For wear the armor a lot of hours: Plastic.

    PS: Sorry my English!!!
    Last edited by cucblack; Dec 3, 2011 at 7:22 PM.

  13. #13
    cucblack's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.
    Posts
    29

    Re: Making a New Boba Fett Armor

    Hi guys. I was away for a while.
    I want to show some of my new pieces and the building process.
    Any comments welcome!!!

    proyectos_boba_fett_288ce2e349fc23498b6b-jpg
    proyectos_boba_fett_288ce2e349fc23498b6b_2-jpg
    proyectos_boba_fett_288ce2e349fc23498b6b_3-jpg
    proyectos_boba_fett_288ce2e349fc23498b6b_4-jpg
    Last edited by cucblack; Mar 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Who is still making armor?
    By mindmaniac in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2011, 5:07 AM
  2. Making my first Madalorian armor ever!
    By TheMando in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Sep 16, 2010, 9:58 PM
  3. new to making armor
    By injunjoe5190 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 4, 2010, 1:23 AM
  4. Im making a Boba Fett ROTJ outfit,"all but the helment"
    By Lorne in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2010, 9:19 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •