Okay I've been on the fence with this beacon part. Buy one, make it, get a friend to turn one on his buddy's lathe...
I chose to take a crack at building it.
I took WOF's template and broke it into different sizes of styrene disks. Then I glued them together. Later I put a bolt through the center of each styrene blank and tossed them in my hand drill's chuck. Then ran the drill while sanding to the proper shape. The yellowy parts are PVC tubing.
I still have some puttying and fine sanding to do. I'll post a completed photo when I'm done.
It's not screen accurate, but it's good enough considering it cost me zilch to make!