Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Jan 8, 2008, 11:06 AM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #51

Very impressive paintjob, cant wait to get mine!!! Where's that damn mailman!!
    Jan 8, 2008, 11:23 AM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #52

Quote HeadlessHunter said: View Post
    Very impressive paintjob, cant wait to get mine!!! Where's that damn mailman!!
    Ditto on both counts...

Lucksy31's gonna be one happy Fett pretty soon...
    More pretty pics!
    Jan 8, 2008, 1:55 PM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #53

UPDATE: January 8th

Just a quick one today. I trimmed out the light slots on the new piece, got it primed and base coated.
    Here's how the slots compare on the 2 pieces. I think the proportions look more correct on the new piece.
    More pics once I start the detail painting. . . this is the last piece!

Jan 8, 2008, 2:13 PM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #54

Just to add to the list of complements about wonderful work... Great job!!! Must get armor and have you paint it....

Geo
  5. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Jan 8, 2008, 2:32 PM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #55

How the heck did I miss this thread???...great work so far Eric..
    Love the close-up shot of the misting, most people tend to just blackwash it instead of getting that fine mist spray over it....
    Jan 10, 2008, 12:19 AM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #56

Thanks, guys. Yeah, for the armor, I'm a big fan of black misting. It gives a nice subtle change to the tone of the colors.

UPDATE: January 9th

Aaaaaand. . . done! Yay!
    Got the new chest piece finished up over the course of last night and today. Added those strange lighter green scratches to this piece also.
    Here's a shot of both of them together. I really had to get the camera up high, otherwise the curve of the parts made them look strange! These things are really curvy.

And here's a detail shot of the upper portion.

So now, everything is sitting on my dining room table, waiting 24 hours to make really sure they're good and "gassed out" before I wrap them up for shipping. I'll be mailing the armor to Scott on Friday!
    Jan 10, 2008, 7:06 AM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #57

Eric,
    These pieces truly look like works of art. Your work is amazing man, I can't thank you enough. Now, do I actually use these "works of art" for trooping???? Of course I will!
    Thanks again for all of your efforts, and to FP as well for sending that replacement piece. This is really an amazing set of armor, I can't wait to see it. I'll Post some pics of what it looks like on my manequin when I get everythinig re-assembled.
    You da man Eric, and best of Luck on your upcoming overseas adventure buddy!!
    Jan 15, 2008, 7:47 PM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #58

Update: Jan. 15th

The armor got here safe and sound, and i'm ready to put it back onto my Fett Manequin. Before I do, i'd like to take a minute to thank SUPER JEDI for doing just an AMAZING job with this armor. Eric's work is just tremendous, and better than I could have imagined. If you ever have the chance, and priviledge, to have Eric paint something for, you will NOT be dissappointed!! He's IS truly one of, if not the best on these boards.
    I'd also like to thank FP also for his unbelieveable V3 armor. It's accuracy is just stunning, and his craftsmanship is out of this world. Thanks guys!!
    Anyways, here's the first few pics until I can get all of the velcro onto the armor:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030472sm.JPG 
Views:	288 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	22223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030473sm.JPG 
Views:	270 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	22224  
    Jan 15, 2008, 8:12 PM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #59

Yay! Glad it got there OK. And very happy that you like it. :o
    Be careful around that mannequin. . . looks he's trying to goose you!
    Jan 16, 2008, 6:07 AM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #60

superjedi, is there any way you could post some hi-rez pics of all your recent boba related paint jobs? i'm thinking that those would be as useful (or maybe even more) as the reference cd/dvd from brak's for a painting guide.
    Jan 16, 2008, 10:03 AM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #61

Hi Saint N,
    Wow! Although I think that's really nice of you to say, I don't think I would recommend using any member's paint job as reference when there are so many pics of the real deal available.

As I think I mentioned in another thread it's always going to be subject to a little bit of interpretation, because painting a helmet or armor comes down to a matter of taking a 2 dimensional reference picture, and transferring that by whatever method someone chooses to a 3 dimensional object. Even if the reference shots are really large and clear, you still have to "make it fit" the piece you're working on.

I have a slew of pics of the helmets and armor I've worked on saved, and most of them have been posted in my progress threads at one point or another. Some of them were taken with my older 4 Mp camera, and some with my newer 8 Mp camera, but none of them are nearly as hi-res as any of the pics from the TDH Archive, or the reference CDs. I'm happy to share my pics, but again, I would certainly recommend using the pics of the real items as reference.
    Jan 16, 2008, 12:35 PM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #62

Quote superjedi said: View Post
    Hi Saint N,
    Wow! Although I think that's really nice of you to say, I don't think I would recommend using any member's paint job as reference when there are so many pics of the real deal available.
    yeah... it's like copying a copy of a tape. over time, it will degrade.

i know when i paint armor/helmets/whatever... i don't do *every* detail 100% spot on. i try to get the overall feel of the original, but without spending a year on it.

so if someone used mine as a reference, they'd cut a few corners off of my cut corners. eventually you're out of corners!

i was looking at FP's rotj helmet when i started on my latest one, but just as inspiration. it's an amazing paint job, but i didn't want to copy from it for just that reason.
    Jan 16, 2008, 12:48 PM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #63

Great Job!
    Jan 16, 2008, 1:13 PM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #64

That turned out great, nice job man!!!
    Jan 16, 2008, 2:44 PM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #65

Quote tk7602 said: View Post
    yeah... it's like copying a copy of a tape. over time, it will degrade.

i know when i paint armor/helmets/whatever... i don't do *every* detail 100% spot on. i try to get the overall feel of the original, but without spending a year on it.

so if someone used mine as a reference, they'd cut a few corners off of my cut corners. eventually you're out of corners!

i was looking at FP's rotj helmet when i started on my latest one, but just as inspiration. it's an amazing paint job, but i didn't want to copy from it for just that reason.
    lol, you looked at fp's rotj too? i cross referenced between that and any of the exhibit pics i could find at the time for my rotj.
    Jan 16, 2008, 3:01 PM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #66

Quote saint_nasty said: View Post
    lol, you looked at fp's rotj too? i cross referenced between that and any of the exhibit pics i could find at the time for my rotj.
    of course! it's one of the best out there!
    Jan 16, 2008, 3:35 PM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #67

Oh man... Looking at this makes me nervous to attack my own fp3 armor. I have never painted stuff like this. I think i need to practice alot before i go for the real thing.
    Love the endresult

KoRn3000
    Jan 16, 2008, 4:01 PM - Re: Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress #68

get your self a couple of sterilite trash and WOF's templates, cut out a couple sets of armor from and practice on those first.