I've begun an armor commission for Lucksy31. He got a set of the great new FP v.3 armor, and I'll be doing it in a ROTJ paint scheme.
I got the armor yesterday afternoon, and today I've started trimming the parts. I'm using a sanding drum on my Dremel to remove most of the "rough trimmed" excess plastic. Once I've done this to all the parts (12 pieces in all), I'll go back with some sandpaper and really smooth the edges.
Just a couple quick shots to show how much material I'm removing. I'm leaving a bit around the rolled edges of the parts.
Here are the 2 chest plates.
The parts are really sturdy, and they're a lot curvier than other sets I've worked on!
It's a lot of tedious work trimming the parts, and I've already lost count of how many times I've said "Ow!" when a hot piece of styrene has landed on my hand! Still lots more parts to trim, so probably no more updates till I start priming and painting.